Interstellar Thread (1 Viewer)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
and i'm surprised they are not affected by the sun's radiation
Sun in a different galaxy, maybe it doesn't emit as much radiation?

+ Those planets might have an atmosphere like ours protecting us from the radiation and things like coronal mass ejections (always remembered these as sun ejaculations)

astroman

HSC
Sun in a different galaxy, maybe it doesn't emit as much radiation?

+ Those planets might have an atmosphere like ours protecting us from the radiation and things like coronal mass ejections (always remembered these as sun ejaculations)
u have to consider the 8 month journey they took to get to the wormhole near Saturn

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
u have to consider the 8 month journey they took to get to the wormhole near Saturn
When you say that then that would mean that whoever goes out into space is affected by this radiation, which they are clearly not as they come back in safe health

The craft itself must have some mechanism to prevent the radiation from entering?

I'm actually not sure tbh :/

astroman

HSC
When you say that then that would mean that whoever goes out into space is affected by this radiation, which they are clearly not as they come back in safe health

The craft itself must have some mechanism to prevent the radiation from entering?

I'm actually not sure tbh :/
im not too sure either, but there has to be some form of impact of the full radiation blasting the ship un filtered by an atmosphere.

astroman

HSC
question regarding movie: at the end of the movie when cooper is reunited with Murph, why does she tell him to go to Amelia? Is it too help her with colonising the planet or to save her and bring her back to cooper station?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
question regarding movie: at the end of the movie when cooper is reunited with Murph, why does she tell him to go to Amelia? Is it too help her with colonising the planet or to save her and bring her back to cooper station?
Yeah I guess to help terraform the planet because Cooper Station is orbiting Saturn atm, so he has to go through the wormhole again, find the planet again, and find her, and eventually start bringing in the people on cooper station

astroman

HSC
Yeah I guess to help terraform the planet because Cooper Station is orbiting Saturn atm, so he has to go through the wormhole again, find the planet again, and find her, and eventually start bringing in the people on cooper station
Interstellar part 2 :D

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
They would have been hopeless without CASE and TARS though

I wish they actually had robots like that though

astroman

HSC
Not of that calibre though, like honesty and humour settings, that would be sick
true, i assume they don't have the technological capability to programme a computer to possess a similar character to that of a human but i am sure they can invent one with the physical abilities of those depicted in the movie.

astroman

HSC
btw any1 seen it at IMAX? I watched both previously in Hoyts and the sound wasn't that good.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
BEAUTIFUL MOVIE! My mind did not rest one bit - also learnt some physics too xD (through quick discussions with a friend who knows physics)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)