Intertextuality and BR+BNW (1 Viewer)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
How does intertextuality fit into the In the Wild elective? Cos I've read the Wikipedia article on intertextuality and from what I see, it's trying to say that intertextuality only comes up in the Transformation elective >.O;

Also, my friend said it means borrowing meaning from another text to shape its own. IIRC, BR was based on Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, not BNW...? x.x;

danish222

HSC
intertextuality is a technique increasingly used in many texts. It is heavily used in BNW... Basically it is when you use something from another text. Eg. In BNW the Savage likes to say stuff from shakespeare's plays. specifically King Lear, and some others.

HSC
in blade runner the creation of all those replicants, monster meets maker and that kind of thing is an idea from frankenstein (at least you can link it to frankenstein)

timb89

HSC
N/A
like referring to the bible or shakespeare in another text. like where john and mond are discussing shakespeare they use various quotes from him. im not really sure of the effect but crap on about something. english teachers usually gobble that shit up.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Ah, I see. So it's not necessarily just BR borrowing stuff from BNW or vice versa. I get it now. Thanks guys ^.^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)