• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

interview at maccas! (1 Viewer)

hscbooksforsale

HSC
hi, guys and gals! im feeling extremely stupid and depressed at the moment
. had a interview with maccas abt two weeks ago which i thought i did alrite, the manager said he will arrange an orientation day for me. but then i did not receive any phone call from them after this. so i went to ask them again today, the guy i had interview with wasnt there, and the other manager said that if i dont get called within a week that means i didnt get accepted. nd i was like i got accpeted but. the manager said he isnt sure abt this and told me to wait coz they were so busy at that time. and guess what, i stayed there for 3 hrs
!! and no one came to speak to me. i just feel sooooooooo dumb!!!

the question i wanna ask is " am i rejected this way??" " should i go back again and speak to the manager whom i had interview with??" i feel so stupid and embarrassed.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Although I don't work as of yet I would suggest that you go back and speak to the manager that interviewed you and see what they have to say it can't hurt. It seems like this is your first job or something you had your hopes set up after you did so well in the interview just remember that whatever happens you have done really well looking, finding, apply and hopefully becoming an employee a lot students don't do this sometimes to much latter in life. You have my respect and admiration for trying * Wish good luck.

I hope my words ment some support to you.

hscbooksforsale

HSC
thx very much, guys and gals, i feel so much better now
, think i will probably go back this saturday again, hope i get the job this time!

anyone has any more good suggestions??

G

Gavvvvvin

I had to ring up like 5 times after my kfc interview before my orientation and stuff was organised

hscbooksforsale

HSC
really?? does that mean i still have some chance??

that gay manager wouldnt give me a contact number!! so i have to physically go to the restaurant every time!! the bastard treats me like dirt, seen him twice already, nver smiles!!

spoon3er

HSC
N/A
if there is one characteristic thing about managers at mcdonald's, it's that they r often sooo forgetful!!!

i worked at maccas for 7 months back in yr 10/11 and i pretty much encountered a similar sort of thing: when i turned up for my initial interview, i approached the restaurant manager (who was to give the interview), but she told me to take a seat cos she was speaking to some other person at the time. so, after about 30 mins of waiting i lost patience and marched up to her again, and she was like: oh sorry, i forgot u were here!

and THEN, when i started working, i noticed that this 'forgetfulness' wasn't simply the case with her alone - it occurred with the other managers working there as well. reason? well apart from the office being in chaos half the time, which sometimes makes it a bit difficult for organisation and communication between the different managers, i think a maccas store is often so busy that trivial things, which aren't addressed immediately, become overlooked.

which is why i made sure that whenever i had a question/problem, i always received an answer/solution before i went away, or i would constantly remind them about it - e.g. when i was asking for a reference, i would venture to ask if it was ready every time i had a shift... i'm sure this speeded things up because i got the reference pretty quickly (although I also invented a nice little lie about needing it to get a 'work experience' placement for school, and not because i was quitting...)

so i guess in answer to ur question, don't be afraid to badger them - they NEED reminding!! and don't ever be put off if they appear to be in a bad mood - they're almost always hyperstressed about trying to please as many customers as possible, to sell as much product as possible, to make sure the store looks as clean as possible, etc etc

good luck!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
annoying maybe not gives your own unique touch. By the way hscbooksforsale, with a user name like users did you just register on BOS to sell HSC books?

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
its prolly cos the manager found out that u use MASSSIVE gay emoticons and double spacing..

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
do you really wanna work somewhere if they are that shit at organising stuff?
if they cant even organise their hiring imagine what the rostering etc would be like. you would always need to be badgering them./

i think you should look elsewhere and if they ever decide to re contact you see how you feel then?

hscbooksforsale

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
annoying maybe not gives your own unique touch. By the way hscbooksforsale, with a user name like users did you just register on BOS to sell HSC books?
yes, originally.

Ranger Stacie said:
do you really wanna work somewhere if they are that shit at organising stuff?
if they cant even organise their hiring imagine what the rostering etc would be like. you would always need to be badgering them./

i think you should look elsewhere and if they ever decide to re contact you see how you feel then?
well, since i dont have that much work experience i thought i might start from the bottom and work my way up perhaps :rolleyes: i heard ppl saying that the training program and reference at maccas are highly regarded by the employer.

p.s. this is actually my second job, im planning to quit the first one coz i will be moving to eastern suburbs when uni starts. maccas in city will be much more convenience for me.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
hscbooksforsale said:
well, since i dont have that much work experience i thought i might start from the bottom and work my way up perhaps :rolleyes: i heard ppl saying that the training program and reference at maccas are highly regarded by the employer.

p.s. this is actually my second job, im planning to quit the first one coz i will be moving to eastern suburbs when uni starts. maccas in city will be much more convenience for me.

yeah but the point was, there are a lot more 'bottom' jobs you can get which may not treat you like shit.
i worked at maccas for 3 years and yes, have a great reference from them but in the grand scheme of things i dont think it is really going to make a huge difference when im finished uni, and def wouldnt be worth it if they are going to treat you like shit anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)