Interview/Audition Question(s) (1 Viewer)

rabid.gerbil

HSC
Hi, I'm going to the interview for Advertising and doing the audition for Media/Theatre next week and I have a couple of questions to ask.

1) For the interview, what should I do? What should I expect?

2) For the audition, this is more important, I've been told by many that while I'm good at drama/threatre, my strengths lay more in the backstage/organisation/technological rather than on stage performances/performances/reciting.

Now can I, instead of rehearsing/reciting the two three minute performances it says on the sheet, I show them my movie which I did for my major work, and give then a rundown of what I'm good at and where my strengths lie, in technology and back-stage, rather than reciting/performing on stage.

Anyone know?

Matt Samson

HSC
rabid.gerbil said:
Hi, I'm going to the interview for Advertising and doing the audition for Media/Theatre next week and I have a couple of questions to ask.

1) For the interview, what should I do? What should I expect?

2) For the audition, this is more important, I've been told by many that while I'm good at drama/threatre, my strengths lay more in the backstage/organisation/technological rather than on stage performances/performances/reciting.

Now can I, instead of rehearsing/reciting the two three minute performances it says on the sheet, I show them my movie which I did for my major work, and give then a rundown of what I'm good at and where my strengths lie, in technology and back-stage, rather than reciting/performing on stage.

Anyone know?
Well I talk to the course coordinator for TM a lot, he is a really nice guy and really dedicated and loves seeing students succeed.

However, I am a journo student so wouldn't have a clue.

I could ask a TM student to come on here and speak with you, but cant promise anything.

However, I will say that the guy you will do the interview with isn't scary, and pretty much just wants you to be professional and also honest.

TM is a very very demanding course, and you'll have to work very very hard if you're accepted into it. However, the demanding side of things can be enjoyable, a lot of TM students love their course.

SpoonSamba

HSC
hey i'm applying for the TM course too, I'm pretty sure you do need to perform the audition monos but you can also bring the film u made and show that.

Do you have any ideas for pieces you're gonna audition with? I havent decided yet...

Lucy111

HSC
Yes you must perform two contrasting monologues and then you can show them any other skills & tallents you posess. Good Luck

Does anyone know what kind of questions they are asking, or anything about the audition process??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)