Interview Baulkham Hills High School (1 Viewer)

Sethio

HSC
I recently received an interview offer for Baulko (Today) and I wanted to get a good headstart on the interview prep. Basically I know all the basic question but I'm looking for more curveball questions and good ways to answer them.

What will assist me greatly is that I am under the impression that my interviewer will cater the questions towards my application (which is right beside him/her) meaning that the questions should play into most my strengths. This is how I would approach a specific question:

How would you aim to maintain you extra-curriculars whilst balancing your academics?

Here for example, I do lots of extra-curriculars, per week usually 6 hours Robotics, 10-12 hours Tennis and they really do put me in a time-crunch. But I would answer this by saying that;
Such a busy schedule allows me to plan my week better. For Instance; I find people who tend to be lackluster regarding co-curricular activities usually face these issues such as "procrastination" because when assignments are due they think in terms of "I can just do it tomorrow" and it never gets achieved. Therefore an organised schedule enables me to finish my assignments in allotted free time slots and plan for these activities, to ensure I am getting everything done on time to high standards. And this should reflect in most my marks.....

I really think they would stay away from the "why do we want you" type things, however I am still preparing for them, but looking at other sources it seems like questions are usually dependent on your application so if feel like I should pick out different strengths and weaknesses from my application.
However, external input is appreciated.

Sethio

HSC
@lolcti help them, you don't do any extracurriculars you're lucky you got accepted...
Did he get into baulko this year or previously? Then again, I wouldn't say that extracurriculars is a defining factors, obviously academics takes priority. But it is preferable with well-rounded students because if they are performing well with crammed schedules, who really knows what their full potential could be. That's my honest train of thought.

Sethio

HSC
They're really big on extracurriculars most students do music others do cricket, basketball, etc. I came in year 7 so count me out... Nevertheless, majority of the people who do interviews pass, they'll just ask general questions such as what you've previously mentioned. With those kind of answers you can defo make it in :)))
Oh that's great to hear. I didn't know that the chances after interview was so high, I assumed it would be a half cut of students but that is very interesting. Thanks for the info.

2 hrs of sleep

HSC
Hey Sethio. I did a re-entrance exam to Baulkham Hills as well. I made it in with very little credentials, don't worry. I just want to let you know that if you have an Asian friend, specifically one with a name starting with A. then N then D then R then E then W. Show him your appreciation by giving him lots of money and some glawk glawk 3000. Danke Arigato

PS. i will come to your house tonight 😈

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)