Interview dates....help needed (1 Viewer)

sm16

HSC
:( Hi Everyone..

I just wanted a lil info about the process after i finish my hsc this year! My main issue is that i am going overseas but am concerned that if i do get an interview call(which i am not too confident i will) in like Jan or something what do i do? I dont think i cud return within a week coz Jan is like holiday season:burn: ! Thats why i'm concerned....it wud be great if i got in the first round but i highly doubt it !So i just needed some advice on if i shud leave be 4 or after i finish my interview! Also it wud be realli helpful if some past student can tell me the tentative dates on when u can be called fr an interview....i wud be realli thankful!....all i knw is that 1st round is offered in sept and 2nd round in early Jan....but wat r the likely interview dates and Also if i am overseas and i do get an interview call is there any way tht i can maybe do it later in feb....????

I know this may not be a major issue but i realli wanna go back home and it would be realli nice if someone cud help me!

Thanks a bunch in advance! :)

bubbly89

HSC
Most interviews from the universities are held Oct/Nov/Dec... there are three exceptions in which you will have an interview in January, these are

a) at UNSW your UAI was higher then predicted on your sheet
b)you requested a late interview eg. Monash does this
c)you are an interstater and the universities have told you they will only interview interstaters after the main round ie Newcastle.

UNSW holds the majority of its interviews in September, basically the university gets the UMAT results and sends out interviews for a date 3/4 weeks in the future. Its actually quite horrible as you get the interview invites BEFORE you get your UMAT results... Some universities can be flexible about changing the interview times, others are really gay about it, and say shit like "you'd come if you wanted to get into medicine" damn you JCU damn you

Also ANU holds interviews in the second half of January for their provisionary interviews

Since you won't be an interstater for UNSW or Newcastle, if you're willing to not apply for ANU, I'd say you'd be pretty safe from say 8th January onwards. The late interview for UNSW and Monash are on the 2/3/4 of January, or that's how they were for me. Oh as long as you're near an internet connection to check the offers :p You could also make your sure you wouldn't get higher then your predicted score by asking them to predict something high :p

Definitely leave after your interviews, that way you can relax, and not to mention many other universities spread their interviews out over a month or two like Newcastle/Monash. I can't remember the exact dates of all of them but I'll tell you the dates for my interviews this past year

5th Dec- Newcastle, these interviews were spread out over a long period
6th Dec- Adelaide, all inteviews done over one week
12th Dec- JCU, one maybe two weeks
2 Jan- UNSW two days for me to choose from, late interview
3 Jan - Monash, late interview again

I have no idea about UWS...

sm16

HSC
Thank you se very much bubbly89! You were so very helpful!

Well u know i am really hoping to get a call in oct/sept so that u can enjoy my break in peace....but i'm highly doubting it!

But thanks a bunch!....I will probably leave after the 1st week of jan!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)