Interview rejection (1 Viewer)

*Minka*

HSC
Well yeah, but you get to the point where you don't care really. You just want to get accepted for once.

Some_Guy

HSC
is the only way to get into a coles myer place, like target or officeworks, through that group interview process? or is it possible to get a job in one of those places the normal way?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've been unsuccessful in applying for so many jobs lately. I'm in a sort of unhirable limbo because I'm too old ("overskilled") for hospitality jobs yet my uni schedule means I'm being rejected for office jobs as well. :/

Yeah rejection's something you have to deal with. Stop whingeing about it, just accept it, and move on and try again.

Last edited:

vg_woz_here

HSC
dont feel too bad about being rejected..just learn from your mistakes and youll be prepared ready for next time..Now u know what to expect.

klh

HSC
how abotu just doing your subjects at night at uni, which leaves your morning hours mre free? Thats what Im doing next semester, or do half and half, get your subjects if oyu can down in 2 days a week? Afreind of mine does 2 subjects a day, 1 in th eday and the other in the evening becasue he is lucky his tt suits that, but try that?

as for rejection, youve just got to find the right place...Im not saying Im lucky, my job isnt the best since Ive got to stand up all teh time and its really tiring on the legs, btu in te search fields, just type in "uni student" and they shoudl pop up those marketing.sales.promotions which always look for young poeple. If you have office experience, even better. Becasue really, no Macca's is gona accept a uni student unless they are really in need of staff, offcie jobs want the perosn to have experience, its the casual and sometimes hospitality jobs that you can get in. I think the bars/pubs/clubs look for uni students to do nights as long as you have the RSA/RCG...just keep applying, and dont say you have alot of time commitments, then youll be accepted, and youll feel a bit better [then lay down the law saying you have time contraints lol...]

Collin

HSC
N/A
klh said:
how abotu just doing your subjects at night at uni, which leaves your morning hours mre free?
Well I'm sure if this level of freedom concerning timetables was available to most, alot of people here wouldn't be complaining. The whole fundamental issue here is the low availability caused by rigid, non-compromising timetabling.

klh

HSC
yes well some dont want to do night classes bacause they thinks its restricted to PT-ers adn such, and some can actually check the times classes are avaialble and can pick, so Im just suggesting that they do so; if it doesnt work well than it doesnt work.
Many can choose to do all their subjects at night, i was just suggesting it. Night travel has less poeple, although can be mre dangerous depending on where you live, btu other than that meh.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
I am so lucky.. I somehow got my job without an interview within 1 day of applying, and have been there almost 5 years.
I am quite scared of when I get out into the real world after uni and have to go to interviews =|

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Keep that chin up.

Keep improving. Keep trying.

Don't explain. Don't apologise. Don't give up.

pete_mate

HSC
Gibbo69er said:
every interview ive been for ive gotten..

except for this little mini fone interview for an assistant to a financial planner.

they woke me up by ringing my mobile at like 11am (shut up! i sleep in late, ok!) and they started asking me all these questions, it was horrible. they asked about my uai (only 72.35 :eek:) and wat i wanted to do when i was older (management) and they said sorry this is for people wanting to become financial planners.

arggh, and now ive decided i want to go into financial stuff... fuck it fuck it fuck it

dyou still have that insurance job number? thanks

pete_mate

HSC
seremify007 said:
I think so too. Maybe you'd be better off applying for jobs which are targeted at uni students- or time slots which can't be filled by kids.

Don't let rejection get you down :) Happened to me- at first I was annoyed at one firm's "If you don't hear from us within a week, thanks for coming"... which I thought was pretty low; but then hey, every interview gives you practice and after you've been to a few, you get the hang of it and then you can use that to help you in the future! I failed my first one-on-one interview; but then after knowing what kind of Q's they asked, I was able to get a job at a much better company.
lucky devil. wish i applied for a shitty accounting firm, let alone another big 4 before going for pwc.

meh, cadetship is too much work anyways

bugsie

HSC
if it makes u feel betta, i am an IT grad from monash uni and have been looking for work for more than one year now. have had so many rejections.

so dont worry, keep looking as you will definitely find something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)