Interview with Coles/Myer (1 Viewer)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Well, I went to an interview... and then the buggers told me I didn't get the job. But it is a group interview, you'd be put into groups with about 8 people, and one interviewer will sit there taking notes of what you do. But its just the basics, tell abit about your-self, and then they give you scenarios, and you just need to participate in group discussions..but you can't be too dominating. Does that make sense?

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
yeah cool...thanks....

should i dress professionally?

i have no idea? ive never had to have an interview for a job, ive always just said "hey can i have a job" and been employed :(

Trogie

HSC
I'm assuming it's a group interview?

There have been countless threads on this topic, but mainly they'll get ya to describe yourself a little and then do some basic customer service scenario's (a lady comes into a hotel late at night and her reservation doesn't show up on the computer system - what do you do?) and other stuff along those lines.

When I went we had to do a puzzle, I don't know why but at least you've been warned.

What you'll have to do in the job depends upon where you work, if it's coles or bi-lo etc you'll prob be on cash registers or in the bakery/deli. Chances are you'll be on registers where ever you are.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
LOL wow thats lucky. I only had two jobs before and I had both the jobs on the spot. So after being rejected by 3 jobs in the last month I was so ready to give up. Then I got my new job! yayy
And you can dress if you like, but I don't think they really care. Maybe just go in black pants and a neat top. Is your interview at Parramatta?

Trogie

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
yeah cool...thanks....

should i dress professionally?

i have no idea? ive never had to have an interview for a job, ive always just said "hey can i have a job" and been employed :(
Dress conservatively, definitely business attire for Coles/Myer and other retailers. It doesn't really matter what you wear, just don't show up in thongs and a che guevara shirt or something dumb like that

Trogie

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
:( whats wrong with che?

nah i think i have an idea of what to wear!!!

thanks
Nothing's wrong with che lol, I just don't think the CML recruitment people are big fan's of his.

Also, make sure to be flexible with your availabilites, put down a lot of different brands (not just Myer for example) and put down every hour you are available to work. It seems like a lot of people on this forum get turned down coz of bad availabilites

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)