Interview with this UMAT score? (1 Viewer)

katerpillar

HSC
Hey guys, so I didn't do as well as I wanted to in the UMAT.

S1: 63
S2: 58
S3: 46
Percentile: 74

Yeah I screwed up S3 hahaha

Anyway my ATAR estimate is around 98 but I think I can boost it a bit. Any chance of getting an interview anywhere? I know UNSW's out of the question so I'm thinking UWS now.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Just curious, what's your school rank?

katerpillar

HSC
Ok it looks like you are realistically getting 98+, have you looked at UWS?
...Are you willing to travel?
Yeah I have, but I'm not sure if I have a high enough percentile and ATAR estimate to get an interview for UWS

Hahaha I'm willing but my parents aren't too cool with it, the furthest I can go will probably be UNE or maybe Monash. Queensland's not an option :p

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yeah I have, but I'm not sure if I have a high enough percentile and ATAR estimate to get an interview for UWS

Hahaha I'm willing but my parents aren't too cool with it, the furthest I can go will probably be UNE or maybe Monash. Queensland's not an option :p
If it was for USYD you need 99.95 no umat and direct entry, but that's hard. Nowadays everyone's looking at UWS for med because of its 95.2? Atar entry+UMAT+Interview, this would be the closest option to you but if you decide to do med at Melbourne for example then that's kind of a different story but its possible...Monash is excellent.

katerpillar

HSC
If it was for USYD you need 99.95 no umat and direct entry, but that's hard. Nowadays everyone's looking at UWS for med because of its 95.2? Atar entry+UMAT+Interview, this would be the closest option to you but if you decide to do med at Melbourne for example then that's kind of a different story but its possible...Monash is excellent.
Yeah, I hear Monash is pretty good! Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview with UWS though?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I hear Monash is pretty good! Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview with UWS though?
UWS is one of the best med options available, UNCLE is as well but only if you are going to travel or rent out somewhere.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Remember it's the interviews which can get you through.

emilios

HSC
Do you live in Greater Western Sydney? Apply for UWS. Unfortunately your S3 let you down in terms of all sections being >50, otherwise you would've had a great shot at JMP.

katerpillar

HSC
Do you live in Greater Western Sydney? Apply for UWS. Unfortunately your S3 let you down in terms of all sections being >50, otherwise you would've had a great shot at JMP.
Unfortunately I don't :( yeah that sucks, though I read somewhere that UWS calculates it as S1 + S2 + o.5*S3 or something? Just pinning my hopes on that haha

Medman

HSC
Unfortunately I don't :( yeah that sucks, though I read somewhere that UWS calculates it as S1 + S2 + o.5*S3 or something? Just pinning my hopes on that haha
It's still too low, if you consider last year it was 148. You need to apply to non UMAT universities such as JCU, Griffith, Bond (If you get over 98) etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)