interviews - advice (1 Viewer)

stuchie

k i been looking for a job for ages now and altho i've had quite a few interviews i havent been offered anything yet... mostly i think cuz i totally suck at interviews...

In terms of confidence i think im getting there but my main prob is when they ask an unexpected question my mind jst goes blank... and i say something dumb... i mean i do think about how i'd answer certain questions before the interview... but there's always unexpected questions, and those r where i stuff up... any advice for dealing with this in interviews? cuz im so despo for a job but it seems im never gonna get one at this rate

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what are some typical answers you give to questions like "why do you want to work here?" and "tell us about yourself"? i didn't realise in the first interview i took but i really answered these wrong

then what are some unexpected questions you've stuffed up on?

personally, i think you need to memorise a wide range of answers to cover most questions and then adapt these to the questions you are asked.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
You need to go in with an open mind. They may ask you something completely non related to the job in order to get an insight on your personality. They dont only want someone who can do the job, but someone who has good interpersonal skills aswell. Remember to sell yourself at the same time. I found when I first started getting job interviews, my nerves were getting in the way of getting the job. You need to show eye contact (i find that hard for some reason) you also have to show confidence and show some of your personality aswell. There not going to hire someone that they dont think will get along with people. They may ask you that are designed to achieve certain responces... Like mini tests.

Last edited:

stuchie

Benovista said:
when I first started getting job interviews, my nerves were getting in the way of getting the job.
yeh thats my prob.... my mind don't work cuz im nervous... i mean i psych myself up and i feel ok about getting the job b4 i go..... but as soon as i sit down in front of em it all goes out the window...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)