Interviews for Medicine. (1 Viewer)

hollyandmay

HSC
Hey guys.
I am currently in Year 12, with hopes of studying medicine next year.
In December, I am heading over to Thailand to volunteer for nearly a month, which is when some uni's do their med interviews.
If I am offered an interview, from any past knowledge or experience you may have, do you think that uni's will make an exception and reschedule me before I leave or when I get back?
It's something that I am worried about and I would love to know what would actually happen under my circumstances.
Thanks!
- Holly

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
typical cringe-worthy hsc student question.

first off - no way. why would they bother rescheduling especially for you, when there are thousands of other potential candidates lined up? just think about it logically

plus thats IF you do get an interview, sit the umat first buddy

hollyandmay

HSC
OMGITzJustin, I am curious to know if you have had any experience with medical interviews? Are you studying medicine, or planning to study medicine?

Last edited:

Dylanamali

HSC
Unfortunately - generally no,
universities will not reschedule your medical interview unless there are unforeseen, circumstances - a pre-scheduled trip to Thailand is definitely not one of those.

Fortunately, however, the universities in NSW generally have their interviews in the month of November.
Mine were UNCLE/UNE/JMP: 30th of Nov and UWS: 11th of Nov.
Also UNSW last year was: 22-29 Nov
UWS has always been early november, whereas JMP has always been late Nov to early Dec. UNSW not sure of the history.
With appropriate negotiation, I don't see why you couldn't potentially get a switch to an early place if you received a JMP interview - provided you use a good excuse.. not your Thailand holiday one.

But yeah - it all seems okay if your trip isn't scheduled for the month of November and/or the very first couple of days of December.
With interstate, they generally have their interviews within the first week or so of January for interstate students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)