Interviews for North Sydney Girls (1 Viewer)

hithere1

HSC
Hi everyone,
Do you have any advice for interviews? Thank you so much in advanced if you can help🙏🏻

Kurrison

HSC

c8

HSC
- Have a solid memory of your extracurriculars or similar things you've done both in an out of school
- Maybe have an idea of what field or career you want to do or be in in the future
- Know what the school offers (like sports or programs)
- At an interview I did they had some scenarios like "your friend is upset that they got 9/20 in their first assessment task, what would you say to them?", so maybe go through some interview questions. There's a post somewhere about some questions from I think Sydney Tech that I found really useful but I'm not exactly sure where it is
Just be a genuine person tbh like just be yourself and come across as polite and knowledgeable. You don't need to flex your academics as the fact that you've gotten to the interview stage reflects that you're academically more than capable.

wzsmartypants

HSC
These are examples of possible interview questions for Sydney tech that I found on the website
What do you do at a weekly basis?

- Why Sydney Tech/why do you want to attend sydney tech?

- What can you do for STHS?

- If a teacher were to write a reference, what would he/she write about?

- Did you take the selective test in Year 6?

-what can you bring to our school?

-what are your hobbies?

-what are your aspirations in life?

-Do you have a Back Up plan?(important)

-how do you think you went in your test/comments on your report

- Possibly something regarding your subject selection ...

- Make sure you ask questions about the school (Pretty much anything, even if you don't really care) because that shows you have an interest at this school, as well as some sort of curiosity.

- MAKE SURE YOU KEEP EYE CONTACT ON THE TEACHER(S) AT ALL TIMES. Shows that you are confident in front of them.

Kurrison

HSC
- Have a solid memory of your extracurriculars or similar things you've done both in an out of school
- Maybe have an idea of what field or career you want to do or be in in the future
- Know what the school offers (like sports or programs)
- At an interview I did they had some scenarios like "your friend is upset that they got 9/20 in their first assessment task, what would you say to them?", so maybe go through some interview questions. There's a post somewhere about some questions from I think Sydney Tech that I found really useful but I'm not exactly sure where it is
Just be a genuine person tbh like just be yourself and come across as polite and knowledgeable. You don't need to flex your academics as the fact that you've gotten to the interview stage reflects that you're academically more than capable.
Thank you so much, I guess i am cope with myself for two interviews. :)

Kurrison

HSC
These are examples of possible interview questions for Sydney tech that I found on the website

-what are your hobbies?

- Make sure you ask questions about the school (Pretty much anything, even if you don't really care) because that shows you have an interest at this school, as well as some sort of curiosity.

- MAKE SURE YOU KEEP EYE CONTACT ON THE TEACHER(S) AT ALL TIMES. Shows that you are confident in front of them.
Future North Sydney Boi <3

hithere1

HSC
Check out this link my friend sent me when I was in your shoes! I thought it was quite useful (although I did not get in). But it's fine. No really, I'm fine.
awww omg I’m so sorry to hear!!! there’s always next time tho :)

c8

HSC
Also if it's any consolation, I was told that nsg normally only gives out as many interviews as they do places, so you will most likely get in and the interview is a formality to make sure you're not like a completely weird person. ALTHOUGH, I'm not sure if this is actually true haha

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,
Do you have any advice for interviews? Thank you so much in advanced if you can help🙏🏻
Congrats, I did the sydney boys interview and received offer a few days ago (y9 2021). The questions that I was asked were:
- Why do you want to come?
- what do you know about our school?
- What sports do you play, what was your best performance
- Why have you chosen the electives that you’ve chosen
-Any extracurricular activities that you fancy here
- Any questions?
Make sure you’re answering and not your parents, only when they’re asked. Trust me, it’s a normal conversation, just be calm and honest.Good luck!! You’ll smash it :)

Tribunal

HSC
Congrats, I did the sydney boys interview and received offer a few days ago (y9 2021). The questions that I was asked were:
- Why do you want to come?
- what do you know about our school?
- What sports do you play, what was your best performance
- Why have you chosen the electives that you’ve chosen
-Any extracurricular activities that you fancy here
- Any questions?
Make sure you’re answering and not your parents, only when they’re asked. Trust me, it’s a normal conversation, just be calm and honest.Good luck!! You’ll smash it :)
Ayeee, well done 👏👏👏

Tribunal

HSC
hey bro, have you received any news from the schools you applied for?
Nope, but kurrison gave me hope. He said last year a guy got his interview thing 3 weeks after a guy received his interview for Normanhurst. I expect my Birth Sydney boys to come out next week. What about you? Have you received anything from any school?

Last edited:

hstb_

HSC
Nope, but kurrison(Jeff) gave me hope. He said last year a guy got his interview thing 3 weeks after a guy received his interview for Normanhurst. I expect my Birth Sydney boys to come out next week. What about you? Have you received anything from any school?
Oh really? I hope you do get interview soon. I only received an interview from Penrith , no news from Girra or Baulko

MAAB1002

HSC

-what are your hobbies?

I did the Interview for Sydney Tech and I can confirm that they did not ask me any of these questions. I actually got in as well, they mainly asked me about what makes me suitable for a selective school and extra curricular and stuff. They might have asked different questions for different years so dont take this for granted.

Kurrison

HSC
Baulko outcome will come in late September or October because they emailed me.

Tribunal

HSC
Oh really? I hope you do get interview soon. I only received an interview from Penrith , no news from Girra or Baulko
Oh congrats on receiving an interview for Penrith, that's really good. You will have a high chance of getting into girra because I'm pretty sure Penrith shares their HAST results with schools like girra. I also hope you get into baulko

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)