Introductions in Tutorials (1 Viewer)

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
Name, Degree, Interesting fact

I'm sick of it.... I have been making up bullshit facts all this week :)
What do usyd bosers think about intro tuts?

Last edited:

jaimebien

HSC
I don't mind it too much. In my introductions, I say my name and then I say what a huge movie buff I am and that I've watched almost 500 films since 2006 and that I live on IMDB. It's totally random, but at least it opens up doors to conversations and at the same time, it's not too personal, you know?

What annoys me though, is when lecturers and tutors tell us just a little too much about themselves. It gets weird when they become too personal, because ultimately, they're not our friends, and if they want to try to be our friends (or act like that), they have to work for the trust which unfortunately doesn't come about with TMI.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I don't mind it too much. In my introductions, I say my name and then I say what a huge movie buff I am and that I've watched almost 500 films since 2006 and that I live on IMDB. It's totally random, but at least it opens up doors to conversations and at the same time, it's not too personal, you know?
wow
awesome
you must be king od teh tutes amirite?

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Haha, we don't have these weird introductions in science tutorials! We just get straight into the worksheets. Couldn't imagine having 2 keep going through it though...

04er

HSC
Even in third year we had intros.... stopped with 4th year law though

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
I like it. It's probably one of the only social interactions one can get in a tutorial. I just hate answering the "Why I chose this course" question. "Because.. it seemed.. good..?"

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
listen to me, guy, you don't want to mess with me aight?
i will take you down faster than a bag of dirt m8
frankly i've had just aboot enough of this thing buddeh, it's like trying to put out a forest fire with a screw driver eh

shinelover

HSC
i don't mind them...
(in fact sometimes i think it's nice to have intro...especially for first years...because that way you get to know some of the people..and probably make some new friends )

but with the tutes i go to...

(8 tutes this year - first year science)

only 1 tute had an "introduction" thing...the other tutes...we just got stuck into the work....

so probably depends who your tutor is xDD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)