Introductory macroeconomics UOS (1 Viewer)

vivtzav

HSC
Hi, is intro macroeconomcs good/interesting? Is there a lot of maths involved..and is the maths hard? Is the whole UOS hard as a whole or is it managable?

Thankss :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I loved ECON1002 much better than ECON1001, because it had so much more relevance to today's economy than ECON1001, not to mention the lecturers are far superior than ECON1001. There is slightly less maths compared to ECON1001, but nonetheless you do need to know calculations. Learning the concepts is perhaps more difficult than in ECON1001, but usually the questions they ask aren't very hard.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I loved ECON1002 much better than ECON1001, because it had so much more relevance to today's economy than ECON1001, not to mention the lecturers are far superior than ECON1001. There is slightly less maths compared to ECON1001, but nonetheless you do need to know calculations. Learning the concepts is perhaps more difficult than in ECON1001, but usually the questions they ask aren't very hard.
I second that opinion. My lecturer for ECON1001 was absolutely useless... all he ever did was try to make jokes which weren't even funny and teach by just reading off the lecture slides. ECON1002 was a vast improvement, because the lecturer explained the concepts by giving actual relevant examples (eg. the Housing Market Bubble and how it "burst"). Nevertheless, try your best at ECON1001, and expect ECON1002 to be full of wonderful times.

vivtzav

HSC
Ok thanks for that...is the maths hard though because i did HSC mathematics in yr 11 and not 12. Will i struggle? Also, hows the workload with assignments and exams? are they hard?

Thanks for all ur help :)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Ok thanks for that...is the maths hard though because i did HSC mathematics in yr 11 and not 12. Will i struggle? Also, hows the workload with assignments and exams? are they hard?

Thanks for all ur help :)
HSC Maths is more then adequate. The maths really isn't too complicated at all. The assignment load is also quite light; 1 midterm, 1 'economic report' (~1000 word essay if I recall), 1 final exam. Easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)