Invasion of privacy? (1 Viewer)

benn07

HSC
I dont know if this is in the right category thing.. but here goes...
Ok, i go to a boarding school, and they want our mobile phone numbers, make and model of phone/s and sim cards and everything so that they can keep track of them and make sure we hand them in. Does anyone else feel this as an invasion of privacy? or just going too far?
ALSO our school tried to ban listening to music during study times and sleeping times because it was 'bad' for our health?
ALSO they dont allow us much computer access during study times, as they see this as 'non-study' when study at our school is usually just to do homework/assignments and expect us to do it in our free time (which is about 2 hours each day).
And can someone tell me how much i should be studying every night, or how long other boarding schools go for i just need to clarify that their statement that we are become like the big sydney boarding schools.
Is this just a case of my school going too far, or are other schools like this as well?

K

katie_tully

mobile issue: deal with it, it's the result of countless little bastards before you screwing up and ruining it for everyone

music: teachers are nazis. deal with it. if you like i can pull a few scientific journals where music and increased study have been linked. that being said teachers are insecure and will probably snap if you upstage them

non computer time: meh, you guys just need to learn how to be more efficient with your pc time

study time: depends what year you're in and what marks u want to achieve. nerd lingers study anywhere from 3 hrs +

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Absolutely ridiculous? Yes.

Is there anything you can do about it? Probably not.

Change schools i suppose.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
humm that is a bit tough given that you are in year 10. I go to a boarding school as well and the rules are pretty relaxed. I mean it's abit too much but i don't think you have a choice besides becoming a day boy or change schools.

Out of curiosity which school is it?

benn07

HSC
**************, now they'll hunt me down and kill me or something lol.

Last edited:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
benn07 said:
Trinity Goulburn, now they'll hunt me down and kill me or something lol.
Does suck up to your housemaster work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)