Inverse Trig graphs (1 Viewer)

klaw

HSC
Is there an easy way to remember/figure out inverse trig graphs??? I can't seem to memorise them :(

gman03

HSC
klaw said:
Is there an easy way to remember/figure out inverse trig graphs??? I can't seem to memorise them :(
Rotate your A4 paper by 90 degrees, then draw the respective trig graph. Shift the graph by 180 degree along the horizontal axis. Rotate the paper back.

klaw

HSC
gman03 said:
Rotate your A4 paper by 90 degrees, then draw the respective trig graph. Shift the graph by 180 degree along the horizontal axis. Rotate the paper back.
don't understand sorry :(

rama_v

HSC
Yeah, for normal inverses that technique works well. The inverse trig graphs on the other hand are much better just memorising..For example graph y = 2sin-1 2x

To graph this find the domain and range, you do that like this:
-1<x<1 (for all inverse sine graphs)
-1<2x<1
so (-1/2)< x <(1/2)
Now to find range its just the number in front of the inverse sine multiplied by pi/2 and -pi/2, i.e.
-pi/2 < sin x < pi/2 (it doesnt matter about the coefficient of teh x here - it doesnt affect the range)
.: -pi < 2sin2x < pi

so now the graph is just inverse sine, except the domain is between -.5 and .5 while the range goes from -pi to pi

The same situation applies to inverse cos as well, except the domain is 0<x<1 . For inverse tan the domain is all real numbers, those are the easiest to draw. I reccomend getting a graphing program if your unsure, just to see how you can transform these graphs :)

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
write them over and over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)