• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

investigating science predictions/thoughts?? (3 Viewers)

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
i'm really hoping i can manage to scrape 2/3 marks out of that pressure vs volume one because that was ROUGH... that was the only experiment that truly failed in my class (the apparatus we planned to use was broken) so i just made something up
ahhh that so unlucky, i don’t think we even did it (we had a bad teacher then that has now gone to court… shhh) so i just made it up lol. OH WELL i think i did better than in trials so that’s good at least.

rosieohposie

HSC
ahhh that so unlucky, i don’t think we even did it (we had a bad teacher then that has now gone to court… shhh) so i just made it up lol. OH WELL i think i did better than in trials so that’s good at least.
i'm really just hoping i can get a band 4 tbh... i will take that. i gave everything a go except the calculating gradient question where i just made a basic statement and called it a day because i am not a math girlie 😭

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
i'm really just hoping i can get a band 4 tbh... i will take that. i gave everything a go except the calculating gradient question where i just made a basic statement and called it a day because i am not a math girlie 😭
i’m sure you will!! i just used two random points to get my gradient, because i had to borrow a calculator that i didn’t know how to use so i couldn’t do it by inputting all the data 😭😭😭😭 oh well, THE MARKERS WILL BE NICE TO US

rosieohposie

HSC
i’m sure you will!! i just used two random points to get my gradient, because i had to borrow a calculator that i didn’t know how to use so i couldn’t do it by inputting all the data 😭😭😭😭 oh well, THE MARKERS WILL BE NICE TO US
i am heavily manifesting that me basically just saying that "it goes up" in fancier language is enough to make the marker have pity on me and give me one mark at least for trying 😭 😭 we hope!!!!!!!

minnie00007

HSC
sooo... whats everyones thoughts? I thought the exam was honestly chill a little different shocked that there weren't even any technology mod 6 questions or codes of conduct since it's a major part of the syllabus

band4hahah

HSC
Does anyone know for the speed on distance travelled question, whether the speed goes on the y axis or x axis, for the graph?

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
sooo... whats everyones thoughts? I thought the exam was honestly chill a little different shocked that there weren't even any technology mod 6 questions or codes of conduct since it's a major part of the syllabus
thank god no codes of conduct i never learned that lol. even though i did šħïṯ, they were actually pretty nice to us. sucks for alignment though….

Anna9191

HSC
i think it’s the opposite. because you’re changing the distance to measure the speed.
Pretty sure the distance was measured ;((

they had distance after the speed resding device, where the ball fell they measured the horizontal distance

My gradient was 0.4545...

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
Pretty sure the distance was measured ;((

they had distance after the speed resding device, where the ball fell they measured the horizontal distance

My gradient was 0.4545...
i don’t think it matters how it’s measured though, i don’t think measuring it personally vs measuring it with a device makes it more the dependent variable yk? and my teacher always told me if it’s speed vs distance then distance is the independent. my gradient (which ik was wrong in some way) was 1.67…. i asked chatgpt to make sure about the variables:IMG_0738.jpeg

band4hahah

HSC
i don’t think it matters how it’s measured though, i don’t think measuring it personally vs measuring it with a device makes it more the dependent variable yk? and my teacher always told me if it’s speed vs distance then distance is the independent. my gradient (which ik was wrong in some way) was 1.67…. i asked chatgpt to make sure about the variables:View attachment 45335
Nah, it matters. The independent variable (changed) was the speed and the independent goes on the X whilst the dependant variable (one you measure) is the distance the ball travels goes on the Y axis. my gradient was also wrong at 2.29, i wonder how many marks I lost since everything else was fine for me, Just switched the variables on the graph.

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
Nah, it matters. The independent variable (changed) was the speed and the independent goes on the X whilst the dependant variable (one you measure) is the distance the ball travels goes on the Y axis. my gradient was also wrong at 2.29, i wonder how many marks I lost since everything else was fine for me, Just switched the variables on the graph.
i still think the distance is independent, and speed is dependent. that’s how it always is. but yeah, idk how lenient they will be with the gradient, hopefully very

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)