Investigation (1 Viewer)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
- perform a first-hand investigation, gather information and analyse data to calculate initial and final velocity, maximum height reached, range and time of flight of a projectile for a range of situations by using simulations, data loggers and computer analysis

So i tried to look for what we did in this dot point at school, and we didn't do anything. So i looked to my tutoring notes, we didn't cover it. I looked through 3 other sets of notes, no one has anything on it.

Is it like a universal rule that we all just forget about this dotpoint and move on with our lives? What do i write?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
And is it even worth writing anything, as i've looked through the hsc pp from 2001-10 and none of them ask for this dot point

leehuan

HSC
At our school we went on a website that essentially simulated projectile motion. We kept adjusting variables to view different outcome and compared to theoretical calculations.

And that's it really.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I've seen a question that uses the set up (mightve been a ruse past paper though), but you didn't really need to have done the experiment to do the question, it justs helps you understand whats going on

just work out relations between variables i.e if uy is low it will reach max height faster than if uy is high
you dont need to have done it really

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Here's an outline for a possible experiment:

Recording with a video camera, project a ball in front of a grid on a wall. Knowing that the frame rate of the camera is x fps, and knowing the scale on the grid, analyse frames from the camera on a computer and locate the position of the ball at particular times, in order to determine initial & final velocities of the ball in both X and Y components, max height, range, and time of flight. Errors may be caused by lateral movement of the ball, air resistance, and technological issues arising from the camera not recording at exactly x fps.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Oh hey we did the grid and tennis ball thing in tutor. Thanks porcupine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)