Investment Banking Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

MasterPUA

HSC
sunjet said:
Anyone got a complete list of firms/deadlines?

Got all the major ones so far.
can u plz list them here or PM me thxxxxxx

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
doit. i'll post up mine when I get home from work..

MasterPUA

HSC
im applying for goldmans sachs, merril lynch, jp morgan, usb, mac bank and nab. anyone else have interviews coming up????

Rorix

HSC
Out of interest, how'd you come to choose those firms? It's an interesting mix. And I didn't know NAB even had an IBD

MasterPUA

HSC
Rorix said:
Out of interest, how'd you come to choose those firms? It's an interesting mix. And I didn't know NAB even had an IBD
i don't have time to apply to every firm. my mate says you should apply to 10 firms to be sure that u get an offer.

i smashed my mac bank interview. thye asked me the angle between the ticker hand, minute hand and hour hand if it is exactly 12:05:05. luckily i had practiced this q the day b4

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
MasterPUA said:
im applying for goldmans sachs, merril lynch, jp morgan, usb, mac bank and nab. anyone else have interviews coming up????
Just remember to put UBS (not usb) on the cover letter, then you'll stand a chance for an interview.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
MasterPUA said:
i don't have time to apply to every firm. my mate says you should apply to 10 firms to be sure that u get an offer.

i smashed my mac bank interview. thye asked me the angle between the ticker hand, minute hand and hour hand if it is exactly 12:05:05. luckily i had practiced this q the day b4
Im lost. :/

How the hell can you 'practice' for that? Working out angles between a clocks hands are standard types of questions for IB recruitment?

KaKaPooP

HSC
I notice that many of the firms only want penultimate students. I was wondering whether this is an absolute requirement or a preference, does anybody know?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
MasterPUA said:

Lol. You're a pretty funny guy. Please keep posting.

sunjet said:
mac bank hasn't even closed yet :?
JP Morgan have given interviews too. Most banks give interviews before the closing date. That's why it's advisable to apply ASAP if you want to stand a chance.

MasterPUA

HSC
velox said:
JP Morgan have given interviews too. Most banks give interviews before the closing date. That's why it's advisable to apply ASAP if you want to stand a chance.
tRUE!!

You should apply within the first week after applications open. I am going through what they call a 'fast track' application process with two banks because they don't want to lose me to a competitor.

exploding offers are a bitch!!

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
KaKaPooP said:
I notice that many of the firms only want penultimate students. I was wondering whether this is an absolute requirement or a preference, does anybody know?

same question here.

What happens if u do double degree and your com degree finishes next year?

Thanks.

MasterPUA

HSC
mitsui said:
same question here.

What happens if u do double degree and your com degree finishes next year?

Thanks.
You can really say whatever you want. Chances are they will spend 30 seconds looking at your entire application. Just come up with a believable story that makes them believe the fact that you will be finishing in time with their requirements.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
MasterPUA said:
You can really say whatever you want. Chances are they will spend 30 seconds looking at your entire application. Just come up with a believable story that makes them believe the fact that you will be finishing in time with their requirements.

oh. that is ok then. :rolleyes:

got a telephone interview for jpmorgan tmr, don't know how to prepare for that...(just going to come naturally i reckon)

nothing from mac, morgan stanley.....yet

youngone

HSC
would ppl recommend that i apply for internships next yr (or even for the ones still open this yr) considering i am only in my 2nd yr of a comm/law degree?

really keen to get into IB

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I am in my second year. I said that on my application form, so either jpmorgan overlooked or they don't really care. LOL

I got it for operation though, anyone heard anything from finance division?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
well i probably should of applied earlier then.

i was going to do it tonight and tomorrow.. will they still give out interviews?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I hope they do.
I still got a lot more application forms to fill out.
=(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)