Investment Banking - which degree to do? (1 Viewer)

notwithstanding

daBoys4lyf
HSC
Hi all,

I completed my HSC back in 2005 and only achieved a UAI of in the high 60s. Since leaving high school I've been working as a financial planner at a family-run firm in Parramatta and have, since the beginning of this year, have been studying the Bachelor of Financial Advising at UWS (PARRA) full-time as it was the only degree related to financial advising that would still allow me to work full-time given my UAI.

Over the past six months, I have been entertaining the possibility of leaving the financial planning profession to enter the investment banking industry. I was wondering if any of you would be able to inform me of the degree that you believe to be the most relevant in establishing a career in investment banking that is offered at UTS. Furthermore, if any of you have information related to the likelihood of my application being successful - given that I've only undertaken one semester of study (plus I received three units of credit for a Diploma in Financial Planning at FINSIA) - that would be very much appreciated. It should be noted that I am currently 19 and as such, would not be able to apply as a mature age student.

I should also mention that I'm currently topping my course with a HD average, and that my course co-ordinator is willing to give me a reference if I do end up finishing first at the end of the semester.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)