IP choices (1 Viewer)

Lani89

HSC
Which IP is better, Theatre Critisism or Performance?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well that depends on what you're good at, what you like, and what you can get the best marks in. Theatre Criticism will require you to have very competent writing skills to get a good mark, and you should probably like writing, and be good at the review format. You need to be good at writing structured sophisticated pieces and at being concise. If that's you, then this may be your best option. Dont forget that it could end up being expensive for you, paying for tickets and transport to all the venues to see the productions, and keep in mind it would be good to see more than the minimum amount of productions (i think it's 4).
To do well in Performance it goes without saying that you need to be a good performer, that's probably the basic requirement. But you need to be motivated to persist with it (because you will have problems and have creative blocks), you have to be confident, willing to experiment and willing to read widely. It would helpt to have some sort of scriptwriting ability should you choose to compose your own piece, but even if you dont you will most likely have to adapt and shape the material you choose. So if that sounds more appealing go with that.
Ultimately it's up to you. Whatever you feel would be better for you overall in terms of ability, resources, etc. Good luck in choosing. Dont worry about it at this stage too much, you've got plenty of room to change your mind. Why not give them both a go?

HSC
PERFORMANCE!!!!!!

although, rememba u will be competing against more ppl if u do performance rather than the other 1

uberschveinen

HSC
Do either what sound sintersting or what you know you can do. It may be easier if yo discount what you can't do first.

I can't get the images in my brain anywhere else without them losing all coolness. There goes Costume Design.

I declared war on all picture editing software other than MS paint years ago, so there goes promotion.

I enjoy things for what they do well rather than what they don't do, so there goes criticism.

I'm good at scriptwriting, but it's by far the most demanding of all the IP choices, and I'm not nearly as good as all of the ones that good decent marks. There goes script.

So I'm left with stage design and performance. As good as I am with stage design, I just know I'm better at performance so I go with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)