IP Help and Discussion (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Yes, I know we have an IP thread, but...well I'll let you go read it to see how far off topic we've gone. :p (Not that I'm complaining, I love off-topic-ness.

Anyway, so let's chat about our IP's here. How much have you done? (performance or theory-based) Are you stressing? (coz I am) lol

I've seen about 7 plays (doing theatre criticism) and have reviewed 3. I got "the lecture" last lesson that I should have done my 4th review by now, so I better start pulling my weight, and blah, blah. PFFFT! I really need to stop procrastinating...

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
You have done a lot more than everyone in our drama class... and they are saying u have to be pulling ur weight...
The majority of the class is doing performance, i think only 3 people actually know what monologue they are doing. The others who are doing design ones havent even read the texts...

man, im stressed out, im doing video and im having so many issues... we have progressive marking in week 9 and argh...

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
My movie is so bodgy!!!

Argh, I hate it, its way too complex for a 6 min movie!

Well in 25 words or less:
A guy's gf is killed the night he was about to propose coz he was stuffing around then its like "What if I did...." like if u had have done something different then this wouldnt have happened... then there is a twist at the end ;)

There is like only two lines of dialogue the rest is music... I wanna finish this whole thing, but its a pain coz im relying on other people!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
The IP Progress in my class is excellent. We had our progress assessment last week but we we're told that every performance had to be near exam standard. So we did it. Every performer (except one I think) knew their monologue. We have 13 doing performance.
We got a feedback sheet, noting Pros and Cons and a mark for our IP Performance and Logbooks. I got 2nd... 43/50.

*Flutterby*

im coming first so far in ip marks atm. for now that is. im doing performance, based on personal reality and political message. :D ive written the draft 4 times and am pretty happy with the latest draft. now to the chopping block (my teacher lol)

rowie

our dead line is end of term too, i think its so we don't stress cause trials are in week 3 of term 3 so its one less thing to do?! are our logs books marked, i just thought they looked at them but it didn't effect your mark? ive done not alot, i have an idea and thats about all! thats what you get for been lazy!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I need to lift my game a bit. I'm really happy with what I have so far, but I need to perfect it.. I got 27/30 for my half yearly and we have an assessment next week for our progress. Coming equal third in terms of IP (first overall).. and the people coming first and second for IP are absolutely brilliant.. their performances sent chills down my spine.. seriously, we have some brilliant students this year and I will be so happy if I can be on par with them. In terms of projects, everyone is progressing well in my class. My friend Mitch is doing script, and our teacher thinks it could near a 30!

Last edited:

*Flutterby*

will sparky lol i agree with you there. i had the monolpgue all written out but then i decided that it was too dark and depressing and sad. it was something i remember someone told me to avoid.
so then i decided to add in some lightness and it made the performance a lot better for me. it was easier to do and a lot less emotional and stressful on me.
so im happy atm.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by Skillo
Hahaha. I have that prob too Will, VA and Drama works.
It shites you.. esp when both your english teacher and drama teacher tell you to write all over again (engish was a lack of argument, drama was written too much like an english essay!!)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
supportive shmapportive. lol Teachers only care about their own individual subject. (Shouldn't judge...maybe I might be like that! lol) Anyhow, english ext. 2 and drama are bugging me too. We just got an assessment task for our drama IP due in 3 weeks and it has to be ABSOLUTELY COMPLETED. I'm about to crawl into a hole and never come back out!

*Flutterby*

ive had two deadlines like that already and the other was last week. then i found out everyone else got an extra week. needless to say i was NOT happy

kalinda

HSC
end of term my ip is due
and my teacher has now decided to change my idea to some mushy crap
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
supportive shmapportive. lol Teachers only care about their own individual subject. (Shouldn't judge...maybe I might be like that! lol) Anyhow, english ext. 2 and drama are bugging me too. We just got an assessment task for our drama IP due in 3 weeks and it has to be ABSOLUTELY COMPLETED. I'm about to crawl into a hole and never come back out!
I had that 'absolutely complete' pressure on me 3 weeks ago. You've just got to either:
A) sacrifice other subjects
or
B) devote ALL spare time to it...including at 3am.
or
C) Kill all the other class members...then what will the teacher have to compare to??? LOL

I did option A and B and I went okay...and I went from practically zero...ahem...hero???
LOL
Good Luck.... CHOOKAS!

shoo

man, u think u got it bad...i have changed mine soo many times. like first i started writing my own monologue (i thought i was soo intelligent) and then realised, pfft, wasnt working! so i started doing something from a dolls house...three weeks later, found out that u cant do something ur studying in other subjects...then worked wholeheartedly on another for four days (we had asessment and i only got 19/30) and then my teacher tells me its too depressing and i really should try comedy...am now looking for comedy people, Jerry Lewis, eat ur heart out! lol. if anyone noes any good comedic monologues for females, do not hesistate to speak, or forever hold ur peace...

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Well our final assesement was last term (as you can see i only got 4/5 for it). I just finished Draft 2!!! YEAH! Note to any prelim student whos considering ARP next year... DONT! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)