• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IP ideas (1 Viewer)

charlottejane

HSC
so my drama teachers are onto us already to get going with ideas and brainstorm for next years HSC performance IP's, im looking at a monologue from The Holiday, the opening monologue by Kate Winslet and her idea of unrequited love. I love it and its something i feel really strongly about, Im intending on cutting and pasting bits and pieces into it to make it much longer, etc. ANY ONE GOT ANY OPINION ON MY IDEA? am i on the right track? :confused:

S

Shiv.

If you love it then do it. You're more likely to do it well and itll be interesting to liek interpret a monolgue made for film and transorm it to make it interesting theatrically i think.

I have absolutely nooooooo idea what I'm going to do and am muchly jeaous of everyone with any ideas at all.

lol suggestions are welcome...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Just be careful you don't end up replicating the movie exactly. Anyone can simply copy a scene from a movie; real ability shines through from a good interpretation.

Lavendert

HSC
Ah! I'm quite excited. My script is underway and its pretty cool.

My tutor said its best to avoid replicating familiar characters from films cos...it will look as if ur not creative enough or have da ability to empathise with unique charcters and stuff.

Ugh.. Some of my classmates r doing some cliche storylines. Like the 'ohmygosh im pregnant and im only 17!' episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)