ip monologues (1 Viewer)

*Flutterby*

ok so i went to skool today and my ht english has informed me that no weapons, threat of weapons etc no matter HOW PLASTIC are to be used in ANY performance. i'm screwed :(

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
Lol yea, can you imagine some insane kid "DIE, EXAMINERS DIE!"

My monologue is about an mad barber and i have to mime the scissors. Its an easy thing to mime, but then halfway through a length of dialogue you realise you are gesturing with your hands when they are meant to be scissors...

I wanted to use crayola ones for a joke but still not allowed. o well.

Cheer up :)

*Flutterby*

do u noe how screwed this makes me? how the hell can i play the victim of a rapist that is confronting the man she's terrified of, if i can't have a goddamn weapon to use. i mean as if that person in authority would be scared of his victim sheesh

*Flutterby*

i was just going to hold a plastic gun i mean not that scary for viewers but it gives a sense of power for the victim

*Flutterby*

tell me about it. we're not allowed to use nethin that even gives the view that it is at all threatening. so either i confront him as thou im the scary one or i rethink the entire thing which i already WROTE MYSELF grrrr and :mad:to the bored of studies :(

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
do you really need a gun?.. i mean, it could come off as tacky. but then again i havent seen your performance so i cant say

HSC
Yeh i agree with Skillo, miming could be really effective and shows off your skills too!:)

I'm writing my performane as well, my character is a bit neurotic and i wanna have a gun shot where i die....do u think that's allowed? As in, if i used sound effects but no actual gun on stage?

*Flutterby*

yeh we can use the sound effects, and im hoping to be able to figure something out im just not really sure nemore but u can use a gunshot as it is only sound not a visual representation

kalinda

HSC
i say pick up a chair and wack him with it - do you think they would penalise that?

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
I think It would as it's being used as a weapon, this guy at my skool had a noose as part of his set last year and he nearly couldn't use it, but they allowed it because he wasn't going to actually use it just refer to it.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
oath to that being bullshit!
I played a character where the script says I have to wave a gun and threaten a guy I've got hostage with it.
THE GUN WAS THE WHOLE KEY!!!
So instead...I had to have a fuckin' killer tea box.
(I had a box on stage and it was coincidently a tea box, and Im meant to pull "somethign' out at the end, but no one knows what it is......but it didn;t help when on the hsc day, I went over time and no one got to see the end)

*Flutterby*

yeh well i dont actually use a gun i merely refer to it as a weapon that i can use to keep the power in the scene do you think that they will let me do that like they did with the guy who used the noose? here's hoping hey lol i could always use a cat or something lol just let the cat scratch him. nah im kidding

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I dunno. B/c the gun in my mono was to keep the power over this guy and I still was forbidden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)