iPhone 4 - 4th Gen iPhone (1 Viewer)

iPhone 4 - Will you Get?

• Total voters

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
hmm ahk, my itunes only saids to update to 3.1.3...i havnt yet done this as i would like to keep my jb and dont want to loose all my app saves etc..but i havnt see 4 yet
because its' not out till the 25th you stupid cunt

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
They operate on different frequencies

No they fucking do not

you're talking about optus '3g' which is on 800Mhz in the country

but on 1200Mhz in the city

Telstra NextG is HSDPA rev 5

which is 1200/1800

which every phone under the sun supports

JESUS MATE I KNOW WHAT I'm TALKING ABOUT

~NETWORK ENGINEER~

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
because its' not out till the 25th you stupid cunt
yeah well how did the other guy get it o_O...some crack or leak.

and light coming from the sun is different from bloody electrons coming to mobile cellular device...there's interference such as buildings and other radio signals which would effect the speed and reliability of the 3g network.

The closer the connection is the better its gona be right...so wireless router wins, and don't tell me that 3g beats wifi, it don't...from 1st hand experiences.

The plans r another factor 3g plans come from like 100 - 700MB+ plans, wifi use real broadband with upto 250GB at 24 MBPS+ (higher/lower in other countries)

end point:----> WiFi would beat 3g any day (considering the factors r well suited)...but 3g main advantage is that it can be used anywhere (most places) thats why its good.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

and light coming from the sun is different from bloody electrons coming to mobile cellular device...there's interference such as buildings and other radio signals which would effect the speed and reliability of the 3g network.

The closer the connection is the better its gona be right...so wireless router wins, and don't tell me that 3g beats wifi, it don't...from 1st hand experiences.

The plans r another factor 3g plans come from like 100 - 700MB+ plans, wifi use real broadband with upto 250GB at 24 MBPS+ (higher/lower in other countries)

end point:----> WiFi would beat 3g any day (considering the factors r well suited)...but 3g main advantage is that it can be used anywhere (most places) thats why its good.
How to make a experiment bias.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

i learn high school physics

.'. i noe moar dan u

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Electrons!

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I bet a broadband wifi connection would outrun a 3 g connection any day, u watch... light is magnetic repulsions that causes electrons to just keep repelling...Anyways the electronic transmissions that go to your phone is not sunlight....and because there are a lot of people connected to 3g all at once (like most of the world) but AUST would have its own satellites etc, its going to be slow and sluggish.

ive seen what 3g can do, if u like it better than wifi good luck to u then, thats why apple said facechat is for wifi only, its faster more and more steady.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I bet a broadband wifi connection would outrun a 3 g connection any day, u watch... light is magnetic repulsions that causes electrons to just keep repelling...Anyways the electronic transmissions that go to your phone is not sunlight....and because there are a lot of people connected to 3g all at once (like most of the world) but AUST would have its own satellites etc, its going to be slow and sluggish.

ive seen what 3g can do, if u like it better than wifi good luck to u then, thats why apple said facechat is for wifi only, its faster more and more steady.
I use iChat on my Macs to do video conferencing and agree that it is incredibly stable/high quality compared to say Skype video (from my limited experience with that) so I can see why wifi would be preferable... but then that being said, Apple reinventing the wheel is not exactly a great thing since they don't offer the ability to use conventional 3g videocalling. I know it's not a common feature but I videocall my gf at night and this could even be a deal breaker! Oh no, I don't want to go back to Nokia!

xMaNx

HSC
Just spent the last 2 hours watching the Key note.

And i want my hands on iOS4 for my 3G :(

Also lol @ 3G vs Wifi

Personally, my 3G is faster by about 25% than my net, which is ADSL2+ on sites such as Yahoo/Gmail
However Wifi is better on sites such as apple and microsoft by about 2-3x

Aeriff

HSC
Just spent the last 2 hours watching the Key note.

And i want my hands on iOS4 for my 3G :(

Also lol @ 3G vs Wifi

Personally, my 3G is faster by about 25% than my net, which is ADSL2+ on sites such as Yahoo/Gmail
However Wifi is better on sites such as apple and microsoft by about 2-3x
it's available to download (unofficially). you just need a mac to install itunes 9.2 beta.

xMaNx

HSC
I only have Windows :(

Do you think putting Mac on a PC is worth it?

appletoa

HSC
No they fucking do not

you're talking about optus '3g' which is on 800Mhz in the country

but on 1200Mhz in the city

Telstra NextG is HSDPA rev 5

which is 1200/1800

Umm, hate to point this out, but I'm pretty sure next g runs on the 850Mhz band, at least out in the country. It's either that or 1900Mhz, as my n95-3 works on the next g network, and it only supports 850/1900.
Also, I thought at least one provider runs their 3g on 2100Mhz (I had it in my mind it was Optus, but maybe Vodafone?)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Totally pwned. I totally agree.

The sun makes photons, which travel in waves - just like waves. They have energy to make electrons move from their valence shell to a higher energy state yet they have no mass and therefore no momentum either.

I can't even remember who everyone is raging at, but they're totally wrong.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I only have Windows :(

Do you think putting Mac on a PC is worth it?
Nope. Definitely not worth the hassle and driver issues. Even if you have a PC which has a lot of hackintosh support (e.g. my Dell Mini9 has an almost cult like following for Mac OS X installations), it'll be painful and with limited reward.

But then that being said, back in high school I was bored enough to even do a PearPC installation on a not-powerful-enough computer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)