iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus - share your thoughts (1 Viewer)

happyeddy

HSC
Hey guys,
the title says it all

I'm aware that the Nexus is yet to be released so any comparison might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Nevertheless:

Share your thoughts on which phone (iPhone 4S or Galaxy Nexus) you'd go with at a similar price and why! :caffeine:

I guess your answer might largely come down to simply which OS you prefer.
Also comment on which OS (Android - Ice cream Sandwich vs iOS5) you prefer and why!

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
As for "IOS vs Android": to each their own, and let's leave it at that.

As for the hardware, the Galaxy S2 is already better than the 4S, so I'm guessing the next model will just further that gap.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
As for "IOS vs Android": to each their own, and let's leave it at that.

As for the hardware, the Galaxy S2 is already better than the 4S, so I'm guessing the next model will just further that gap.
Agreed.

Edit: Despite the fact that the thread is about the Nexus S and not the Galaxy S2.

Last edited:

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
^ thats jumb...

(jks)

and the s2 actually has better specs than the new 1

(idk what the purpose is of getting the new 1 anymore)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think android still has some time to be fully ironed out like iOS, maybe about a year atleast.

I prefer iPhone/iOS, the build is solid, the software takes advantage of the hardware and is ironed out nicely, android is still a bit rough around the edges and isn't ever really customized enough for a particular handset.

With that said, Galaxy Nexus might change things, but I still think it'll be atleast a year before Android (and phones running) actually beat iOS/iPhone.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Android already has a greater market share, it's almost completely ironed out. I personally haven't had problems with it.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
I love my Nexus s as is, will probably wait for the primes successor till I upgrade.

maths94

HSC
l currently have samsung galaxy s2 and i love it. Android store is very good, got lots of apps, 8mp camera, navigation app, weather ap LOL but yeh just all the normal shit. Very nice user interface and very good touch pad responsiveness if that makes sense, nice big screen and yeh cant comment negative about it. Only bad thing about it..well not the phone but the plan is the length of my plan...its 2 years (24 months) 45 + 5 ..each month, unlimited text, calls etc and 45 credit on voicemail and shit which u wil barely use, but yeh i love it, pm if u want to know more shit :d glad to help :D

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Wait nexus - Isn't it the Nexus Prime?

And it completely decimates the iPhone 4S in terms of flexibility.

Apple screwed up by failing to release an iPhone 5 (that at least could present a challenge).

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
They didn't screw up anything, the iPhone 4s is the best selling iPhone ever (4 million sold in its first weekend is not a failing)

This again comes down to the old Android vs iOS argument.

I've said this before somewhere, but: If you want something you can customise and change around without as many restrictions, go with Android. If you want something slightly more polished then jump on the iOS bandwagon. Both are gr8.

maths94

HSC
They didn't screw up anything, the iPhone 4s is the best selling iPhone ever (4 million sold in its first weekend is not a failing)

This again comes down to the old Android vs iOS argument.

I've said this before somewhere, but: If you want something you can customise and change around without as many restrictions, go with Android. If you want something slightly more polished then jump on the iOS bandwagon. Both are gr8.
+ 1

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
fucking siri hardly ever works, always having server issues

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Siri for me works really well. Not having any issues.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Voice command on Galaxy S2 works like a charm. Depends on your accent lol
nah not the accent, just has issues, picks up the accent perfectly

Siri for me works really well. Not having any issues.
mine seems to have issues atleast 4 times a day when it says "I'm having trouble connecting to the server" or "something's gone wrong" >_>

I recall reading on gizmodo that siri servers were down a few days ago and have been having regular issues...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)