IPL auction (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Yeah I was keeping up with it. Some of the prices for the Indians were beyond ridiculous, I mean, $2.1 mill for someone like Robin Uthappa? It sucks that there is a limit of overseas players in each squard; EPL is so much better in this sense.

Agreed Gayle not being bought sucks; made 61 off 30 balls the other day for Western Australia in the Big Bash.

shiftyjc

HSC
I followed it closely as well. agreed, how chris gayle is not bought is really ridiculous, although now he can be bought privately. The indians are so high because there is few to buy and they dont take up an overseas spot. The new teams have $9 mil to spend whereas rajasthan has $2.8 mil? sure they had legal problems but seriously. Warne is too old now anyways. New teams should do well.

twistedrebel

HSC
royals retained warne and watson thats worth 3.1mill. so they spent 5.9mill? Although its surprising that most didn't reach salary cap.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
royals retained warne and watson thats worth 3.1mill. so they spent 5.9mill? Although its surprising that most didn't reach salary cap.
I don't think Rajastan had their full quote of 9mil. They got fined or something.

The funny thing is Gayle doesn't get bought, next day he goes out for WA and gets 60 off 30 balls and bowls pretty darn good. Jokes on the teams, he's a quality player and should've been bought at least at base price despite his availability because there is always next yr. Dan Christian is pretty awesome though, he deserves the money he gets.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I don't think Rajastan had their full quote of 9mil. They got fined or something.

The funny thing is Gayle doesn't get bought, next day he goes out for WA and gets 60 off 30 balls and bowls pretty darn good. Jokes on the teams, he's a quality player and should've been bought at least at base price despite his availability because there is always next yr. Dan Christian is pretty awesome though, he deserves the money he gets.
Indeed they got fined.

If you've noticed, in most of the interviews, the Indian owners tend to forget more IPL seasons exist and are adamant that whatever decision they make can be justified by this season alone. I too am at shock as to why Gayle was not bought as they cited "international commitments."

The funny thing I wish to point out is that Gayle is not even contracted to the WICB nor does show any interest of playing his country anyway. Just food for thought.

Dan Christian is awesome though. So anyone predicting which squad is going to win?

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Indeed they got fined.

If you've noticed, in most of the interviews, the Indian owners tend to forget more IPL seasons exist and are adamant that whatever decision they make can be justified by this season alone. I too am at shock as to why Gayle was not bought as they cited "international commitments."

The funny thing I wish to point out is that Gayle is not even contracted to the WICB nor does show any interest of playing his country anyway. Just food for thought.

Dan Christian is awesome though. So anyone predicting which squad is going to win?
Well I might be a bit biased because I've got family in Mumbai and I go there quite a bit but yeah Mumbai shall win! We have pollard tendy bhaji, malinga, symonds and davy jacobs (one of the most undervalued players). I reckon Clint Mckay is one of the best bowlers going around with all his slowers balls (For Australia he averages 2 wickets a game!). Easily they have the strongest bowling line up. Chennai and Deccan will be strong. Kochi meh

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Also amazed that Lara didn't get picked. One of the best batsman I have seen bat and where the fuck are the Pakistanis?

IPL is a joke and so is 20/20.
Yeah, cause Tests are better entertainment aye?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Also amazed that Lara didn't get picked. One of the best batsman I have seen bat and where the fuck are the Pakistanis?
I suppose Lara would be too old but then again, he brings loads of class and experience to any squad.

deterministic

HSC

Yeah, cause Tests are better entertainment aye?
I am also amazed why Lara wasnt picked.
Tests are better entertainment for diehard cricket fans who enjoy an even battle between bat and ball and a contest of skills and endurance. 20/20 are for those who just want to see balls flying all over the park.

twistedrebel

HSC
the Pakis didnt put their names forward in response to what happened last year lol.

I think mumbai indians. RCB, and knight riders will be strong.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
the Pakis didnt put their names forward in response to what happened last year lol.

I think mumbai indians. RCB, and knight riders will be strong.
Chennai look good for their money, considering the extent they went to retaining their original squad that won them everything (bar Murali).

shiftyjc

HSC
KKR should do well, but weve said that from the start and theyve always choked, Deccan and Mumbai look good too. You would think that with all the money involved they should have at least 5 overseas spots seeing better players will have to sit on the sidelines. Once again Brad Hodge is underrated, one of australias best T20 players imo. Rarely fails with the bat.

None of the pakistanis signed up for the auction, probably something to do with their national cricket board being against IPL. Its pretty disappointing seeing theres some pretty talented T20 players there.

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
KKR should do well, but weve said that from the start and theyve always choked, Deccan and Mumbai look good too. You would think that with all the money involved they should have at least 5 overseas spots seeing better players will have to sit on the sidelines. Once again Brad Hodge is underrated, one of australias best T20 players imo. Rarely fails with the bat.
Brad Hodge is one of the most unluckiest men in cricket. Probably one of the domestic's most consistent performer.

twistedrebel

HSC
None of the pakistanis signed up for the auction, probably something to do with their national cricket board being against IPL. Its pretty disappointing seeing theres some pretty talented T20 players there.
THey were available for last auction, but none of them were bought. Guys like afradi akmal boys etc. It was pretty humiliating for them, so they ditched it this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)