iPod shuffle (2 Viewers)

veridis

droog
HSC
it looks shit
normal price, normal size, crap interface. what are apple doing. the advantage ipods had were their massive size and good interface, almost all other HD mp3 players had shit interface. but this is crap. no screen. for flash based i'll stick with creative.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
<3 !

I used to have Nomad II from Creative. Well, still do, I just don't use it. Their flash based drives were awesome, then they kind of lost it and made their own demise in the mp3 player market with bad hard drive based players.

However, Apple hold the majority of market share for hard drive based mp3 players, so, I think expanding into flash based is a good thing.. just not their first attempt. Time will tell, anyway.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
MedNez said:
However, Apple hold the majority of market share for hard drive based mp3 players, so, I think expanding into flash based is a good thing.. just not their first attempt. Time will tell, anyway.
Good. Apple cops a lot of flack for no reason but the fact that their computers don't use Windows.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
iPod shuffle? Most glorified "random" setting ever.

As for headphones/earphones/canalphones I usually never reccomend Koss products, since quite frankly most of their products are crap, but the KSC-35 is quality. Also Sennheiser MX series ear buds are good and very cheap. I wouldn't bother with standard ear-buds or stock ones, in fact I wouldn't bother with anything sub $50 other than the Senn MX series, most notably the MX400.

The best place for quality headphones and headphones assorted gear is www.headphones.com.au very reputable place, the guy who runs it is a regular at www.head-fi.com and I have done buisness with him before. Good prices too.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
BreaKing said:
i wonder what they will have in the next (5g) incarnations of the ipod

im thinking

builtin FM transmitter
lighter weight
voice recording
better hard drive
larger or higher resolution screen and/or revised interface
improved earphones
user upgradable firmware

umm yeah, thats just some things lol
You don't mention a size boost. Rumour is that 5G could come in an 80GB size.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iPod shuffle is a great idea IMO. It is obvious that Apple needed to get into flash to gain maximum market share, and I agree that the only way to do this was to come up with something very creative. I think that they have hit on the right idea here.

Two silly things: The shuffle dock (it just plugs into your USB, no need to spend US$29 guys) and the fact that the "lanyard" attaches to the cap (or appears to, wont it slip off?)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hey wat doe IMO and/or FYI stand for?

does anyone know the official day the iPod shuffle is out in Aus?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
veridis said:
it looks shit
normal price, normal size, crap interface. what are apple doing. the advantage ipods had were their massive size and good interface, almost all other HD mp3 players had shit interface. but this is crap. no screen. for flash based i'll stick with creative.
obviously they aren't tageting ipod buyers.

the idea ain't too bad, since it will be the smallest flash based device in the market and if you think about it when have you really used the screen of your flashed based device to choose songs?

you just listen....

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
theone123 said:
Shouldn't be too long after the US release date. A week at the most I would guess.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
veridis said:
it looks shit
Yeah but creative can't do 512mb for AU$150 or 1gb for AU$230

That's pretty bloody cheap for a flash player! I'd get one but I already have little creative one and an iPod 4gen 40gb

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
theone123 said:
hey wat doe IMO and/or FYI stand for?

In My Opinion
For Your Information

IPod Shuffle is another piece of crap to sell to people who are brand loyal to something they think is cool. It's just an overpriced mp3 player, it doesnt even have an LCD screen. Plus they still use the piece of crap headphones.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Bob.J said:
In My Opinion
For Your Information

IPod Shuffle is another piece of crap to sell to people who are brand loyal to something they think is cool. It's just an overpriced mp3 player, it doesnt even have an LCD screen. Plus they still use the piece of crap headphones.
omfgercoaster are you ppl quite over coming to the realisation that it doesn't have a screen yet? that's one of the reasons it's so cheap and light.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Bob.J said:
In My Opinion
For Your Information

how it is overpriced?

you pay to the size and build quality of the player.

the only comparable player is the creative muvo (first one), but that is thicker and more expensive.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
In terms of comparing flash players with no screens

Creative has a MuVo 128mb player for $100

The iPod Shuffle is $150 for 512mb

No contest. Whoever said they were overpriced is an idiot

z.co

its good enuf. 150 bucks. 1GB storage. who the hell would need 10000 songs to listen to anyway?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
zco said:
its good enuf. 150 bucks. 1GB storage. who the hell would need 10000 songs to listen to anyway?
I know it may be hard to fathom, but there are people who do listen to a very wide and diverse range of music, always picking something different. Obviously a lot of people like to store "10 000" songs, if you notice how well the Ipod is selling.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
MedNez said:
I know it may be hard to fathom, but there are people who do listen to a very wide and diverse range of music, always picking something different. Obviously a lot of people like to store "10 000" songs, if you notice how well the Ipod is selling.
lol i reckon
and zco........ $150 is for the 512mb model......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)