:( iPod... someone please help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
This morning my dad and I were getting rid of old files on our computer to speed it up. Unfortunately, we ended up wiping the entire system and had to reload Windows XP. Stupid stuff.
Anyway, I've lost all my iTunes music now. If I plug my iPod back in and update it, will it wipe all the songs off my iPod? There are no songs on iTunes anymore.
I assume it will.
I think I will buy a new iPod then.
Sigh.
So, will my iPod be wiped clean?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
what the hell.... y would u consider buying a new ipod. That still won't solve ur problem, will it????

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think she was worried that the iPod would lose all the music if she wanted to use it... so by buying a new one she thought she could transfer it in? *shrugs* Don't ask me how a chick's mind works.

Collin

HSC
N/A
How on Earth does buying a new iPod help?

santaslayer

HSC
This is what I would do. From past experience:

1) Turn Auto Update off in iTunes.

2) Plug Ipod into computer

3) Get into you Ipod folder drive

4) Go into "Ipod Control" folder

5) All your songs should be stored in the numerous folders within Ipod Control.

6) Copy all music to your harddisk (iTunes)

7) Turn it back to Auto Update

8) Problem should be fixed?

Just guesing here. :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you re-add to iTunes library with the copy to the Music folder and keeping it organised, it'll automatically put everything nicely^^

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Buying a new iPod wouldn't solve the problem, but I just thought maybe there's no point plugging the old one back in and losing the songs I already have, so I'll get a new one and have the old songs, too.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Ellie_Belly said:
Buying a new iPod wouldn't solve the problem, but I just thought maybe there's no point plugging the old one back in and losing the songs I already have, so I'll get a new one and have the old songs, too.
How does that work? You realise new iPods don't magically come with all your old music preloaded..

Ellie_Belly

HSC
JKDDragon said:
How does that work? You realise new iPods don't magically come with all your old music preloaded..
Ooooh thanks for telling me, I never would've worked that out on my own. *sarcasm*

You stoopid, I want to keep my old songs on the iPod that I can't plug back in (for if I update it the songs will be wiped clean as there are no songs on iTunes at the moment). And so I will get a new iPod which I will just put songs that I don't already have on.

Understand?!

Collin

HSC
N/A
I can just imagine it. You're on the public transport and wield two iPods. You decide that you no longer wish to listen to your Britney tracks, so quickly switch to the other iPod, at the bemusement of fellow passengers. Hahaha, that's gold.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
JKDDragon said:
I can just imagine it. You're on the public transport and wield two iPods. You decide that you no longer wish to listen to your Britney tracks, so quickly switch to the other iPod, at the bemusement of fellow passengers. Hahaha, that's gold.
Britney? How dare you make such assumptions. If you're in search of fellow fans, don't look at me.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
how did you just wipe you hardrive clean?......anyway that why you should backup files...like your music

HSC
ellie: hestona o vlakas etho, ton eitha sta magazia ehi megalo kefali, ke kanenas etho ton aresi. then nomizo ehi filios, oli tin ora kathete etho ke vrizi alous oli tin ora, na se vothiso:

Itunes tends to have an "auto sync" function that would wipe out your ipod the moment you plug it in [because you have no songs on your computer], load up itunes and untick the auto sync function then plug up your ipod and you should be fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)