ipod student discount (1 Viewer)

drunkontea

HSC
Hi, I heard that uni students can get an ipod for a discounted price when you order online. Like how do you show your student ID card to them for verification?

malkin86

HSC
You don't really haveta prove anything in person - I've heard of one young mum with a 3 and 4 yr old who know the alphabet who qualified for the student discount. It's basically a bit of a joke, but a good one for us. :) Just go through the online steps and see when they require any 'proof'.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Yes. Tertiary level education students can recieve a 10% discount on all Apple products. I know at an Apple Centre you must present ID (at least when I went they asked me), I'm not sure how it works online. Have a poke around the Apple Store Online and see what you can find.

fantasia

HSC
why dont you just go to an apple centre ( or if you go to usyd or unsw theres an apple store on campus) and get the student discount.

online seems too much of a hassle.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
The discount is not just restricted to when you buy online is it? If not, can I go to any store that sells iPod's and get the discount, or does it have to be at an Apple Centre:confused:?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
SoCal said:
The discount is not just restricted to when you buy online is it? If not, can I go to any store that sells iPod's and get the discount, or does it have to be at an Apple Centre:confused:?
usually it has to be an apple centre.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i have heard from other forums that the apple shops don't do it anymore and that you have to scan your student card. i also heard you don't have to show anything. i don't know which is true

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
What do you mean "apple shops don't do it anymore"? As in you can't get student discounts anymore:confused:? I can show them my student card, I don't know what you mean by having to "scan" your student card though:confused:?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
JB Hifi were also taking part of the student discount offers for the iPod minis. Not sure if they offer it anymore but you should go ask because they don't advertise it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you buy it from AppleCenter they'll ask for ID- or if you buy it from the AppleCenter on campus they won't. You can also buy online but they "may" request proof of ID one day... to get to the educational discount site you need to accept these t&c- ironically it's a student discount yet there's no option for highschoolers...

ANyhow.. DAMN THAT NEW MAC LOOKS AWESOME.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
SoCal said:
What do you mean "apple shops don't do it anymore"? As in you can't get student discounts anymore:confused:? I can show them my student card, I don't know what you mean by having to "scan" your student card though:confused:?
that apple shops don't do it, they only do it online

i don't know if it is true and the jb hi fi is good to know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)