iPods - which do you prefer? (1 Viewer)

Which is the best iPod?

• iPod photo

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • original iPod

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • iPod U2 special edition (or other special edition iPods)

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • iPod mini

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • iPod nano

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • iPod shuffle

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other / I don't like iPods / Don't care

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tell us what it's like, including the battery life

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
my sister got a nano today for her birthday

jesus christ it is tiny, its unbeleivable

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
My sister has an iriver which is really good. It feels good (like an iPod) and not plasticky and gimmicky (like an m:robe).

It has better features - FM Radio, Voice Recorder and photo storage. Same size as iPod mini. 5GB HD space. Oh and a colour screen :)

HSC
are these sold out everywhere or can u easily buy them in shops?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
easy to buy in shops, not sold out. even if they are they will bring new ones in soon

aaaman

Banned
HSC
umm did u guys actually researched what other things out there than iPods, you would b surprised that there are sooo many things better than them. Like the Ipod nanno has a defect where the screen cracks and the iPods firmware is renoowned to be faulty and i kno 1 bloke where he got his replaced 3 tyms :O my creative zen micro may not have the flashy features but wats the point having an mp3 player that isn't reliable and that's the basic fundamentals in a mp3 player RELIABILITY

Collin

HSC
N/A
Overall for functionality I go for the 20 or 60GB 4th gen iPods with color display. Nanos are nice too, if you don't have a large music collection. But of course now my new fav will be the new 5th gen ones.. (black, of course).

Never really liked minis.

Collin

HSC
N/A
aaaman said:
umm did u guys actually researched what other things out there than iPods, you would b surprised that there are sooo many things better than them. Like the Ipod nanno has a defect where the screen cracks and the iPods firmware is renoowned to be faulty and i kno 1 bloke where he got his replaced 3 tyms :O my creative zen micro may not have the flashy features but wats the point having an mp3 player that isn't reliable and that's the basic fundamentals in a mp3 player RELIABILITY
Nano screen defect? Link?

Oh right, so one bloke's trouble with a product must somehow imply that everyone experiences are the same right? If you're trying to prove a point here with that horrid incident, it certainly doesn't help to refute against Apple's 75% share of the mp3 player market.

piecheck

HSC
N/A
yeah i noe the last post was a while back, n i donno if everyone/anyone wants to string out the ipod topic but i just have 2 say i reckon the U2 special edition is soooooooo hot!!! i <3 the jet black and the red. its awsome!! i want one!! - anyone wanna buy me it!!?! :D........ anyways the nano looks slim n sexy ;)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
Nano screen defect? Link?

Oh right, so one bloke's trouble with a product must somehow imply that everyone experiences are the same right? If you're trying to prove a point here with that horrid incident, it certainly doesn't help to refute against Apple's 75% share of the mp3 player market.
Apple's market share has come from advertising, not superior products (or lack thereof, I'm not arguing either case here).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
IIRC they have between 50 and 60% of Aust'n market.

Although the Nano screen defect- it was quite widely publicised because alot of ppl had damaged screens and they were invited to submit photos... the original site however was closed down when Apple agreed to replace faulty iPod nanos. However, the quality of the iPod nano is still bloody good in terms of playback- some site drove over it with a truck and it still kept playing; albeit with a broken LCD. Anyway here's a somewhat relevant URL- http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050928/tc_nm/apple_nano_dc

Btw, I'd pick a Nano out of the new batch... I currently own a Mini, and whilst Video iPod seems cool- it seems like a pain in the ass to get video footage to work on there.

malkin86

HSC

:rolleyes: Now Microsoft's getting in on it too... Due out in 2006.
Specs:
- Windows Mobile 5.0 (for Pocket PC)
- Triband 3.5G (GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA TBD)
- 240 by 240 (65k color)
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Infra-Red
- 64MB RAM, 64MB RAM
- 4GB NAND Flash Memory + Micro SD Slot
- FM Radio, Dual Stereophonic Speaker
- 416Mhz Processor
- 2.1 Megapixels Camera with Flash, VGA Camera (front)
- TV-Out, USB 2.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)