IPT assesment task: case study (1 Viewer)

elfanger

hi.
Have any of you guys gotten an assesement task for IPT yet (talking to the year 11's going into 12) ? I got a case study to do worth 10%

Anyway this is what it involves: (will type out instructions sheet word for word...)

IPT
Assessment task 1 Case Study

Componenets: Information systems and databases
Communication systems
Project work

Value: 10%

Outcomes: H1.1, H1.2, H2.1, H3.1, H4.1, H5.1, H5.2, H6.1, H7.1, H7.2

Time for assesment task: from handout date to beggining term 1

Description:

You are to identify a relevant commercial information system.

Using interviews and observation to understand the selected system, the computer system is to be well described in terms of Technology, Data, Purpose, Participants, Processes and Environment. It is expected that relevant documentation tools such as systems flowcharts or data flow diagrams will be included as part of the documentation.

You are to identify the relevant social and ethical issues and evaluate how well they have been adressed. In addition, you are to comment on how the system can meet emerging needs.

As this is a long term assigmentm, it is expected that you use relevant project management techniques to organise your time so that the project is completed as expected within the allocated timeframe.

Thats it.

Anyway do any of you have any ideas of what company, place i should do my case study on?
I am in Sydney in Bondi anything closeby that i could research??

Thanks.

rx72c

Well ive finished my HSC now but i had to do that exact project, i went to my local travel agency and used his business as my example and i interviewed workers over there, analysed the system and did all that was necessary, i live in lakemba which is like an hour from bondi so is suppose you were lookin for something closer.
But just choose any business and make sure it makes sense thats all mate.

deviant

at my skool, we have to make some site with 4 types of multimedia about 3 different locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)