IPT Assesment (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
Heya,
I've been working on this assesment thingy I've been given for IPT and its due pretty much in a week or two.
It's kind of complicated (for me at least) because I've only really gone indepth with databases etc this year, in this course and very rarely is the work practical.

The assignment thingy is that Im setting up (or I own..its not quite clear) a DVD Rental store and I have to set up the system type thing.

I've created a customers table - using greek and irish celtic gods and goddesses for names and addresses - lol they said to be unique..and hey, how much more unique can I possibley get??

I've got to make a Transactions and Stock table but Im kind of confuddled on it, because the teacher started drawing relationship diagrams on the board and he lost us - mainly because he didn't mention anything about a relationship..he just started doodling away.

And a Staff table - thats pretty much done because all the needed info was already made (we just had to change it slightly in class)

I have to have a log book (oops) and Im not sure how to have it, he even forgot we needed one, so I think he knows we're going to make it up - but Im not sure how I would - I also have to make a gannt *shudder* chart on my progress through it :rolleyes: and that got me all confused because I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be logging as progress.

I'd rather like some insight..suggestions even..Im not sure..lol Im sure I've managed to confuddle you all with this post..but any sort of ... help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks

del

HSC
N/A
with your stock table (videos rental store rents out) you'd have a stockID and a title field. Other fields you may have may include Category (e.g. drama, action, sci-fi etc), main actors, distributor, year of release etc

then with the transaction table you would have a customerID field and a stockID field. These are the foreign keys and link to the Customer and Stock table respectively. You may or may not also have a dateBorrowed and/or dateOfReturn field.

With your logbook its similar to a journal. You have the date of entry and you write what you achieved/did that day and complications encountered etc. Helps if you ever need to backtrack and change things back to a previous state or similar as well as systems documentation.

With the Gantt chart as tasks you'll have major and submajor 'milestones' of your projects development.

For example Understanding The Problem could be a major milestone with submajor milestones be Interviewing Client etc etc
Whilst Designing Solutions could have a milestone of coding a significant module.

Hope that makes sense...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)