• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

IPT=Bludge (1 Viewer)

On-The_Vrge

HSC
Now usually i would study for a HSC Trial, but for this subject who needs to? My trial IPT test was completely surrounded by my business and my mathematics test 1 2 3 all in a row.... really suky.

now i got bussiness done (good stuff 86) and it was the night before my IPT exam i thought to myself... what i jus studied math instead and winged my IPT exam (Considering my math average is 35 or something i needed all the help i could get) so i did it.. studied 4 math, winged IPT n got 75 on the trial, top of my class, go me! or go IPT! bludge or no bludge?

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Just because you can bludge now within your school and get good marks doesn't necessarily mean the same will happen in the hsc.

We had about 10 band sixes last year. Everyone had to work for it...

adambra

HSC
There is no work involved in this subject at all. Read the textbook the night before the exam. I did, got 80% in the trial.

On-The_Vrge

HSC
Hey man no need 2 get offended. jus askin ppl wat they thought n tellin my story. reading it again it kinda sounded like i was braging...didn't mean it sry.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
On-The_Vrge said:
Hey man no need 2 get offended. jus askin ppl wat they thought n tellin my story. reading it again it kinda sounded like i was braging...didn't mean it sry.
I'm not offended :), I hardly study either...its just that it gives a bad impression to those considering taking IPT :rolleyes:

7th Sign

HSC
they need a practical style assesment for all the slack ipt people

say 50% on creatin a html coded website by hand in 4 hours, that would cut out most of the bludgers fast.

I dont take any subject as a bludge i did like 10 hours study + for each subject, probly more in eng and maths....I did like 20 page summaries on each sub, and the crule thing is i will come like 4th in my class on like 85% because our tests are not easy they are hard, and their is heaps of competition in our class their are like 10 people trying to come 1st, dam i cant wait to get to the hsc and do the ipt exam so i can finally get a easier exam :|

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
yes IPT is a bludge. Its the most bs subject I do...
We do nothing in class
my ipt lessons:
go to class
go on the internet
internet all lesson
class ends.
Learn nothing!

7th sign if u did "10 hours+ study" for each subject including this subject?! Congratulations! Did u die of boredem?! You're gonna get like 100% studying 10 hours for IPT. My study for IPT was 1/2 an hour b4 the exam in the library lol..

btw, i had legal and IPT on the same day 4 my trial so i couldn't really study IPT.
and my IPT and legal trials were the day after english advanced.
it was study the night b4 for my trials.

Last edited:

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
adambra said:
There is no work involved in this subject at all. Read the textbook the night before the exam. I did, got 80% in the trial.
Trial created by your teacher ??

bet you dont know what dithering is straight off the top of your head
or outsourcing ??

7th Sign

HSC
goan_crazy said:
yes IPT is a bludge. Its the most bullshit subject I do...
We do nothing in class
my ipt lessons:
go to class
go on the internet
internet all lesson
class ends.
Learn nothing!

7th sign if u did "10 hours+ study" for each subject including this subject then your just a nerd. You're gonna get 100% studying 10 hours for IPT. My study for IPT was 1/2 an hour b4 the exam in the library lol..

btw, i had legal and IPT on the same day 4 my trial so i couldn't really study IPT.
and my IPT and legal trials were the day after english advanced.
it was study the night b4 for my trials.
man I was writing up my sumaries and shit which took like a while...
that was included in my study time.......

i did like 8 hours or something its not like i counted the time or sometinhg bascially 8 hours is nothin man its like one day worth of study

I know people who study for like 100s of hours on subjects...

man this year in ipt we are always working, Our teacher goes rank when some one tries to put on a game....we are always doing questions and shit....

what schools do u people go to any way if your just sitting on the internet thats pretty shit i thought my teachers sucked and i am at a public school,

and man i am no way a nerd i felt like 8 hours of study was way too little if i had more time i would ahve done past papers :(

Last edited:

aaaman

Banned
HSC
it is a bludgy subject but it scales shit, so i picked software. slimilar shit but a much better scaling :rolleyes:

rama_v

HSC
aaaman said:
it is a bludgy subject but it scales shit, so i picked software. slimilar shit but a much better scaling :rolleyes:
I thought software scaling wasnt all that great considering the difficulty of the subject

adambra

HSC
Lwaxana said:
Trial created by your teacher ??

bet you dont know what dithering is straight off the top of your head
or outsourcing ??
No the CSSA Trial. I got the outsourcing question correct because it is general knowledge but got the dithering question wrong. If you want 90%+ in IPT yes of course you are required to work. But it requires signifcantly less work than other supposedly academic subjects. And if you are reasonably bright it is possible to get a very good mark, with very minimal study.

HSC
imo its all about context.
We are on an internet forum discussing how easy the computer subject is :S

I mean you got to think about the people who don't have much experience on computers, they may find it difficult.

I mean hell...any subject would be considerably easy if we spent time doing it, however it may be difficult to involve Legal Studies,Physics,Economics,Business Studies,English,Maths (and another 20 other subjects) in our everyday lives.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i really hate people who think they sound... good by saying their subjects are easy and they fluke them when they don't study. I mean fair enough, you feel you know enough not to study, and thats fine. Yes IPT is a fairly easy subject but theres a lot of content compared to other subjects..
Yeah im not making sense...

goan_crazy

HSC
I agree with the point muse said about it haing alot of content
IPT has a HUGE amount of stuff to know...
However what I think people are saying is that there is not much work happening in class.
IPT is like a do it yourself subject for me.
You people with good teachers are so lucky!

7th Sign

HSC
i wouldnt say i have been lucky with teachers, over the hsc / prelim i have had 3 teachers.... I had the head computer studies teacher year 11, end of year 11 / start of year 12 we had a uni computer studies teacher she was very good and i learnt alot of stuff....then for some reason near the start of this year we got this 1st year out uni teacher who is pretty shitty....he thinks he is a know it all when really he dosnt know that much....you ask him questions about relation ship database and how to like 4 and he didnt know how to do it...he goes you work it out and tell me how to do it or some shit.... he is the shittest marker aswell it usually takes about 2 periods of complaints after a test every one goes rank at him because he does not know the course 100%, we always go off track aswell like for 2 periods we were talking about his sons ps2 and how it works another 2 person about restraunt rules...If i still had the uni teacher i would be doing alot better...any way i wish i was at a school where 60% was first its just not fair...60% in my class gets like 12th place, i will come about 4th in the class thanks to this sdd students who dropped
/end rant

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
goan_crazy said:
I agree with the point muse said about it haing alot of content
IPT has a HUGE amount of stuff to know...
However what I think people are saying is that there is not much work happening in class.
IPT is like a do it yourself subject for me.
You people with good teachers are so lucky!
maybe im just like this because i have a teacher who has been fantastic the whole way through, he's made the effort to have a joke or two with us in class (we're only a small class) so we can learn easier, but that doesnt make the content any smaller. I dont think i can get what im trying to say out.... its not making sense haha

goan_crazy

HSC
Hey Hey i understand 64% is shit
but its pretty damn good if you didn't learn ANYTHING in class for 2 years IMO.
My assessments are averaging 80%
the 1/2 yearly was 82%
Only the trial was a screwup.
You people with a "good teacher" have no excuse - you get notes, you get "taught" and if you don't understand anything, your teacher will explain it you...
But its hard with a class where hardly anyone cares and either does the teacher hey?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yeah but if you dont understand something in the text book theres always heaps of people in this forum who could help, and lwaxana is here as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)