IPT-Communication Assessment Task EEEEEEEEEEEEK (1 Viewer)

huntz

HSC
Hey everyone.
This is my first post. Even though i've been a member for months. I usually just browse here, but yeah.
I do Information Processes and Tech. I'll be done with it i guess in october? thankgod. I seriously do hate it. I can't even do it!!!! My whole class infact are hopeless!!!! The top marks are like 55/100 ahah. we suck!!! Our teachers given up pretty much.

Anyway I have an assessment task week one term 2. Freakin hell.
I need help bad. Seriously i will fail it. This is the outline of the task:

"A large cattle staion in a remote area of far north queensland wishes to update its current information technology to improve both internal and external communication. The cattle station is within a tropical area; hence during the wet season large electrical storms occur everyday. The cattle stations main income predictably from cattle sales; however a new tourism venture is growing rapidly.

Currently the cattle station has an office complex where 10 employees share 5 stand-alone computers. The computers are only a few months old and each is connected to its own printer. A computer in the owners residence has an Internet connection via a standard telephone line. There are three other telephone lines entering the property, currently two are used for voice, and the other for fax.

The owner of the cattle station has created the following 'technology wish list' and sketch of the buildings and distances involved.

*Each office employee to have their own computer
*All computers able to share files and access the cattle stations database.
*All computers to have fast internet access.
*A new website together with an onsite web server.
*Provision for additional Internet connections in each of the 10 new guest cabins.
A computer in the new tourism restaurant and office that is able to access the main cattle staion database.

Its 90 metres betwen the owners residence and the existing office.
1.8 km between the owners residence and the tourism restaurant and office.
and 16 km to the front gate.

Questions
1. Complete a feasibility study of the hardware requirements for the internal network as well as the high speed internet connection.
2. The owner has agreed to employ a network admin. Write a job description for this employee.
3. Discuss how the network admin should address the issue of security on the network.

please help me. im one stressed kiddy.
tsk tsk.

90 M

16 KM TO front gate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)