Ipt hsc 2013 (1 Viewer)

Confound

HSC
guys, I've actually done no study what so ever for ipt this past week. But from reading questions from previous papers, i've come to this conclusion:

Multiple choice: Questions on information systems + databases, communication systems and project management only

Questions 21-23: Information systems and database questions + project management only (Expect context diagrams and DFDs especially)
Questions 23?-24: Communication systems only

My options = TPS and Multimedia.

I felt a lot better after reinforcing myself of what to expect. I got 85% in trials and only lost marks because I failed to meet marking criteria. E.g. for the 5 mark question at the end of multimedia I wrote 2 pages and got 4/5 because I Failed to meet one certain criteria, but I argued an extra mark because of all that content lol. Quality > Quantity tbh, I learnt the hard way. This time I'm just going to be more meticulous and concise.

Remember IPT is mostly about application, not so much memory guys :p

Last edited:

A5AP

HSC
Remember IPT is mostly about application, not so much memory guys :p
Disagree. You need to have a solid understanding of concepts and the way in which things work. Just because they give you a scenario and you 'apply' by writing bs that you 'think' is correct, doesn't mean it's right.

xer0

Sydney     ATAR Aim:   85+      Penis Size:  9001
HSC
guys, I've actually done no study what so ever for ipt this past week. But from reading questions from previous papers, i've come to this conclusion:

Multiple choice: Questions on information systems + databases, communication systems and project management only

Questions 21-23: Information systems and database questions + project management only (Expect context diagrams and DFDs especially)
Questions 23?-24: Communication systems only
No shit captain obvious. They don't test option topics in the MC section because people do different option topics.
And there is no order in which they ask questions for section 2. They ask from the three core topics in any order they want. And the last two questions are your option topics.

Confound

HSC
Disagree. You need to have a solid understanding of concepts and the way in which things work. Just because they give you a scenario and you 'apply' by writing bs that you 'think' is correct, doesn't mean it's right.
That is exactly what I mean by application, having a solid understanding of the concept. That doesn't mean you need to memorise every single thing

Confound

HSC
No shit captain obvious. They don't test option topics in the MC section because people do different option topics.
And there is no order in which they ask questions for section 2. They ask from the three core topics in any order they want. And the last two questions are your option topics.
Of course, I was just writing it

xer0

Sydney     ATAR Aim:   85+      Penis Size:  9001
HSC
I went over the entire course and feel like I know it all. But I am pretty stressed for some reason lol. I've spent ages making my notes and didn't leave enough time to memorise them. yay me.

IPT Marathon Thread Starts Here

I'll start it off for your last minute crammers.

What are the three levels in the OSI reference model and what occurs during the second and third level. (4 marks)

A5AP

HSC
Application and correct understanding are two separate things.

Confound

HSC
Application and correct understanding are two separate things.
Application would involve having correct understanding -.-. How else could you correctly apply something if you do not understand it

A5AP

HSC
Application would involve having correct understanding -.-. How else could you correctly apply something if you do not understand it
Your understanding isn't always correct Sherlock.
I can apply bullshit to any scenario they give from my understanding. Doesn't mean it's correct in the way that the Board of Studies wants it to be.

Pete15551

HSC
N/A
Went through the first 2 cores (40 mins), knowing it all :)... Will spend time on Chapter 3 now, then gun through MM and DSS...

Okashi

HSC
IPT Marathon Thread Starts Here

I'll start it off for your last minute crammers.

What are the three levels in the OSI reference model and what occurs during the second and third level. (4 marks)
Is this some random option that i don't do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HSC
Is this some random option that i don't do...

It is communication systems. The three levels are application level, communication control and addressing level and transmission level.

Communication control and addressing level - establishes a connection between the transmitter and receiver, manages the correct transmission of data packets (ensures that packets that fail to reach their destination are resent), uses TCP/IP protocol.
Transmission level - defines how the transmission media is shared and performs the physical transfer, uses token ring or ethernet protocols.

Okashi

HSC
It is communication systems. The three levels are application level, communication control and addressing level and transmission level.

Communication control and addressing level - establishes a connection between the transmitter and receiver, manages the correct transmission of data packets (ensures that packets that fail to reach their destination are resent), uses TCP/IP protocol.
Transmission level - defines how the transmission media is shared and performs the physical transfer, uses token ring or ethernet protocols.
Ohhhh... What's OSI reference model?

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
When it's a 5 mark question, how much do they expect you to write approximately?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)