Ipt Hsc (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
Hi,
Im doing a TAFE IPT course, which is yr 11 and 12 in one, and Im doing my HSC for it this year. Im 16 and in year 11, and this will be the first time for me to be participating in the HSC.

I was wondering, what are some good things for me to focus on in my IPT studies and some key things I should remember?
Also how do I not freak out about the HSC? I need to get a passing mark, because..I don't want to have to repeat the course! I've found it incredibley boring and we're not doing what I expected. So getting it out of the way, with good marks, is my main goal.

When I say its "boring" I don't mean "Ugh computers are boring" I mean, Im a major nerdette lol but the class is a 4hour class on Monday nights (5pm - 9pm) with one measley 15min break! The teacher rarely lets us do practical stuff and its all pretty much just sheets with "blanks" so he talks to us about everything and we just copy it down. Lately he's decided we need to work at a faster pace and just gives us the complete sheets and we've managed to go from about 10 people in the class to about 4, and recently only 2 of us show up!! So he just spends the ENTIRE time, giving us sheets and talking about it. He uses this one example of a doctors surgery system, which would be easier to remember and such if he let us try doing it as a class project, but yeh.

So any help is really appreciated!
Also is anyone in the same sort of situation? With it being their first hsc etc? :)

Thanks

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
hi, welcome to bos :)

the biggest thing for ipt, would be to memorise the definitions.
sounds simple, but if you know the basics, you'll be able to move onto harder applications involving mixed info. processes and knowing how to use them etc.

remember the 7 information processes,
'come on all students, pat the dog!'
collecting,
organising
analysing
storing/retrieving
processing
transmitting/receiving
displaying :)

just stay cool about it, remember to breathe.
it's not as hard as you might think it is. (ipt-hsc)

what do you mean by passing mark? over 50?
the average for my school is about 45 or so, LOL.

ipt is boring, i'll give you that much, but just keep at it.
i'm doing my ipt hsc this year, (did the prelim last year).
but i've never been to tafe and i've only completed maths 2u a year ahead of my cohort/form/grade.

stem from the information processes,
learn new definitions,
know how to apply them in certain scenarios/cases
and generally crap on if you can.

but have a sound understanding of the processes, software/hardware and especially the social/ethical issues and how they apply to different situations :)

that's ipt in a nutshell.

Rory

HSC
Thankyou so much Huy,
that actually helped, I love the little sayings like the "come on all students pat the dog" one lol I remember that already!! The little sayings are like GOLD to me, because they help me remember so much, so easily! :)

Heh if you ever figure out anymore regarding IPT let me know! :)
Thankyou once again for your help! :) And thanks for the welcome! :)
-Rory

cheri_986

I do IPT at school and geez it is difficult!!!! Communications is just so HARD!!! I don't know what it is but i just seem to not understand what they blabber on about!!! I'm trying to study these holidays (keyword = trying) and geeze i'm gettin no where!!! For my half yearlys i wrote notes and read over them and i only just pass? is it just me or does other people find it hard to pass? And my teacher AAARRRGGGHHH she is never i the room and is always too busy doing other jobd around the school!!!! Lets just say i'll be luck to get 10 in my exam!!!!

Rory

HSC
I know how you feel Cheri - this year we've only had 2 class exams in the course - and each of them, I've passed by like an inch! I don't even think I passed the second exam..I got a 'C' on the first one.
But Im the youngest and the only girl in the class, so too much is expected from me.
Ugh it sucks

HSC
Originally posted by Huy

remember the 7 information processes,
'come on all students, pat the dog!'
oh man you dont know what that means to me! i can finally remember it
hahaha

my teacher used this stupid one like: "Coast PD - Coast should be public domain"
sooo pathetic
haha

Rory

HSC
I completely agree skip to my lou - its like completely helpful!!
Hehe I still remember all of them now, and I've had sleep to erase any new knowledge from my brain! lmfao! :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah just read, remember and regurgitate...

its easy but boring..

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm fitting in four term's worth of work, five modules.

(3 Core, project management, comm. systems, info. systems and DBs)

+ TPS'
+ Multimedia systems

But then again, I've done computing studies in years 9/10 and it is basically an extension to prior knowledge. (It also helps if you've been playing with computers for a decade :p)

Btw, 4 hours should be plenty, although I'm about 90% through revising all of my work, (I've only got multimedia systems to revise), and I've spent about 4-5 hours on it, since the end of my Extension English exam this afternoon. :)

^___^
HSC
i've given up...

too boring and no motivation...

i've read my book over and over..i shall do the same early tommorow morning...

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm on my break,

I've started multimedia, and the calculation of audio/video files is bugging me. (I can work it out, but I *NEED* the calculator for big calculations).

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tigerboi
huy is a girl . good at english but suck at maths
1. I lied to you about my maths mark.
2. You thought you beat me
3. I came 2nd, so what's your beef dumbass? LOL just kidding pete! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)