• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ipt predictions / thoughts (12 Viewers)

igor9

HSC
does anyone have some cracked ipt notes that cover all the topics + tps + multimedia, pls send over if u can thanks 🙏

FudiddidoAdrian

HSC
Yeah what susu said: learn your syllabus specifications.
When you see the question in short answer, you wanna know what topic its talking about and the terminoligies that are associated with it.
You can't go wrong talking about data or the information processes. For example, if we're talking databases then you wanna know that relational databases are made up of entities, attributes, and relationships. If you don't use those terms, I can't say for sure that you would be able to get full marks.
Are erds still part of the current syllabus?
yes..

ranjeet.singh

HSC
istg I was never properly taught so many things 😭 I haven't even heard of this
I was told that they don't mark the things that people generally do poorly in harshly (i.e. schemas, dfds, decision tables, 6 markers) all these get super lenient marking as generally the state doesn't do well, you don't have to do much at all to get full

Demons

Goated Member
HSC
I was told that they don't mark the things that people generally do poorly in harshly (i.e. schemas, dfds, decision tables, 6 markers) all these get super lenient marking as generally the state doesn't do well, you don't have to do much at all to get full
Yea I was told that too, our teacher said if there's something really weird and out of the ordinary such as web spiders and robots, they won't mark really harsh on it, but its still unlikely to get full marks cause if you don't know what it is you're most likely to explain it wrongly.

DarknessItself

HSC
Yea I was told that too, our teacher said if there's something really weird and out of the ordinary such as web spiders and robots, they won't mark really harsh on it, but its still unlikely to get full marks cause if you don't know what it is you're most likely to explain it wrongly.
🕷🕸 wow I forgot that web spiders existed yeah I hope there's nothing like that in there.
too bad the nesa maggots will try to finish this syllabus going out with a bang :)

Demons

Goated Member
HSC
🕷🕸 wow I forgot that web spiders existed yeah I hope there's nothing like that in there.
too bad the nesa maggots will try to finish this syllabus going out with a bang :)
I mean the software exam wasn't too bad and it was the last year for that as well so I don't really reckon they'll go really hard. But in the case that they do, aligning will save us.

DarknessItself

HSC
I mean the software exam wasn't too bad and it was the last year for that as well so I don't really reckon they'll go really hard. But in the case that they do, aligning will save us.
oh interesting to hear :0
I did software last year (my school does 3 subjects one year and 3 the next) and I found the exam wasn't too bad but thought I did better than the 80 or so I got. I think a lot of it comes down to mark maximisation with terminology and examples. Hope everything goes well for you bro

Evan Li

HSC
wait but in erds don't you need to draw shapes like diamonds. This makes it different from a typical schema no? Or is it just a synonymous term for a schema?

FudiddidoAdrian

HSC
wait but in erds don't you need to draw shapes like diamonds. This makes it different from a typical schema no? Or is it just a synonymous term for a schema?
it consist of rectangular shaped schemas that have relationships that link one to another (many to one, one to many etc) they are found in relational databases as they establish crucial relationships. Each schema has a primary and foreign key. I think thats how our syllabus teaches us the diamond shape isn't needed but its another way to show erds.

axe

Banned
HSC
bro i think u have some catching up to do web spiders and robots are NOT out of the ordinary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)