IPT Study or just do past exam papers (1 Viewer)

dumarab

HSC
In the IPT sylobus it's filled with terms meanings ect.... However when you look at past HSC papers they are all senario based questions. Other than the exception of the options

My question is, should i make notes memorise ect ect blah blah, like what i do with heaps of my subjects. Or just read really really thouroughly and do past HSC questions.

Btw i know my content fairly well, i guess i just need to brush up.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
past papers and do the scenarios. really think of good potential solutions which demonstrate that u've learnt something in IPT and could possibly come up with a real life solution to the scenario at hand. i think that's what helped me get a good mark in IPT.

alot of ppl i knew got lazy in doing the past papers and were like "meh we could've written something for the scenario but cbf since it's just practice". if any of u guys get ur hands on the successone books, look at the level of detail and thoroughness in those answers- try to emulate that. that's what i did :)

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
Our school uses the Excel HSC Information Processes and Technology guide as a textbook, are there any other really good but yet succint textbooks on this subject or would you recommend the Excel guide?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Reading the book isn't going to help much. Better off being generally aware of what programs do what (so you can use examples) and doing past papers to get a feel for the scenario Q's.

I can't even remember which IPT books we used. I think it was Heinemann, and then the teacher lent us this other book to read if we wanted additional readings- but it wasn't that helpful IMO.

mijoe

HSC
Read through the book a few times and then do past papers. Generally, after you've understood the basic concepts, you should use the textbook as a "dictionary" for anything you don't understand. The this just IMHO though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)