IPT Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Charlie129

HSC
Oh cool im also doing tps and multimedia, how are you going about memorising it? Sam davis textbook is so wordy i swear its annoying to read
Excel is really concise but tbh at times it feels like it doesn't give enough information. In tps for example it didn't talk at all about ACID. It's lacking detail so I'd honestly recommend sifting through Sam Davis for actual information. I've already gone through the whole Excel textbook so yeah that's how I'm memorising ig

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
had to make the hard decision to not celebrate my favourite holiday today for the purpose of grinding ipt
anyways i come with a few questions
is the historical significance of transaction processing important at all? i have never seen it be tested and i really can't be asked to learn it

1698754019495.png
1698754055890.png
also for this question i said sql but the answer key said qbe, why is that? correct me if im wrong but i feel like qbe is just graphical sql, and with sql itself you can probably get more detailed searches anyways due the user having more control

dav53521

HSC
I think it's because SQL you have to know exactly what you're looking for and type the query out correctly so it'll take time and might be a bit more difficult, while with QBE you don't need to worry about the technical details as it's all handled for you so all that is needed is to know what you're looking for.

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
i see, so qbe is better in this instance since you don't have to worry about typing out something wrong, thanks :D

constexpr

HSC
ni hao ipt gang, i have exam tmrw, what is the meaning of data as opposed to information?! how do i convert binary to number. do i need know this?

what is decision support system, need to know this for option topic, i do not know. we have to do chat gpt? hmmmmmm

Velli_Killi

HSC
ni hao ipt gang, i have exam tmrw, what is the meaning of data as opposed to information?! how do i convert binary to number. do i need know this?

what is decision support system, need to know this for option topic, i do not know. we have to do chat gpt? hmmmmmm
Well I define data as something that hasn't been processed yet. So things that a customer enters is data and the participant viewing that is information. And for binary to number, you need to figure out which power of 2 it is. Since we don't have calculators we just need to memorise it ig... And I don't do decision support lol

constexpr

HSC
Pretty chill exam

One of the mc questions about the ethernet protocol was confused

Ethernet uses light but is the optic fibre considered a wire? I did b for that assuming is but not sure

I had like 6 b's in a row

dav53521

HSC
Pretty chill exam

Ethernet uses light but is the optic fibre considered a wire? I did b for that assuming is but not sure

If I'm not mistaken optic fibre is light and Ethernet is twisted pair

CHarmon

HSC
Piss easy exam too. Very general stuff just a lot of terms and waffling ngl. Congratulations to everyone for finishing!

constexpr

HSC
Pretty chill exam

ah shit im' retarded i got that one wrong

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
section 1 and 2 were super easy but i trolled section 3 so hard i reckon i got 87 raw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)