IPT Trial Help (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
Hey - Well I sit my trial tomorrow night *bites nails* and this is my first trial ever *lol* so I was wondering, generally do they let you out after you've finished the exam or do they make you sit there in boredom till the proper time is up?

What would be some key things to remember in general for it?
Im going to go through my textbook and read through the chapters we've studied, jot down notes for key functions and do the chapter reviews, practice diagrams etc - would this be enough to muster a gracefull fail *lol*

Just any tips in general would be good, Im in that "freaking" out mode, I think Im the only 16yr old sitting the trial at my tafe! :( I feel so nigelated! *lol*
Thanks! :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
At my school, and I'm assuming that it would be the same for other schools, even if you finish an exam 2 minutes after reading time is over, you have to sit there and stay put.

The exam lasts for 3 hours, with 5 minutes reading time. I don't think you'll finish early anyway, because there are plenty of marks that are to be had, and if you've finished 1 hour early, (or 2 hours into the exam), that's an indication that you've got plenty of work to do for the next hour or so to maximise your marks.

Don't worry about the nigelated-factor, once you're in the exam, you'll concentrate on your writing/answering the questions, instead of looking around to see who's older than you, etc.

As far as tips and advice is concerned, everything you've mentioned is what I would normally do. I would go through my textbook and read the entire book (it's possible), or rather, I would focus on the weaknesses and areas that are a bit iffy (topics and definitions that I'm not 100% on).

If you're making notes, make sure you can understand them, don't just re-write the textbook (unless this is your usual method of learning), but completing chapter reviews and practise answering questions will be suffice.

If you're really worried, download a few past trial papers and practice exams and have a sticky beak. Take a look at the mark allocations and base your responses around the mark allocation. Don't spend 10 minutes for 1 mark, instead, spend 10 minutes writing for a 4-6 mark question. If you can't answer something in the multiple choice, leave it, it's just one mark. If you have time, come back to it in the end :)

Other than that, sleep well, don't cram in the morning, rather study and revise what you already know (try not to learn anything new, because you'll forget it before you even enter the exam), and have a good breakfast! The last thing you want is a rumbling stomach during the exam which distracts you from the exam itself.

Good luck with it all and all the best Rory :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)