I'm in year 11, current subjects are:

• IPT
  • SDD
  • Art
  • Maths + Ext 1
  • Physics
  • Eng. Adv
  • Catholic Studies
I intend to pick up an extra unit of maths, but i'm not really keen on doing 14+ units during my HSC year, that's just pointless. I'm currently topping IPT, SDD and Art and doing quite well in the other subjects, rank<=8 for each.

The toss up is between IPT and Art. Art is heaps of fun and I don't really want to let it go, but it requires a lot of hard work. IPT on the other hand, boring as hell but easy as anything. Based on previous marks does anyone have any recommendations that may help me decide what to drop?

I might need to drop two subjects if I want to pick up the extra maths unit.

Thanks

Pat

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, I would have to recommend that you go with Art as it's what you enjoy.

If you find IPT boring as hell, you wont be as motivated to study and stuff for it.

Patato

HSC
Yea i'm thinking that too, thing is, I intend to get into a computer science degree at UNSW, so IPT may be more useful in that respect.

Is there somewhere around here I could see how each subject went in previous years? I suspect that IPT may have more people doing it and doing well, and it may be a better option after all to choose art?

Thx

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, I can't see IPT helping a computer science degree at all, however doing both it and SDD is quite beneficial in terms of HSC.

What do you mean by how each subject went in previous years? Just a general average of marks or something?

For HSC it's really about getting a good ATAR than doing subjects that will benefit you later on (as HSC doesn't do anything in enough depth that will help you later on), with the exception of extension 1 or 2 maths if you are going into a field that needs it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)