IPT Year 11 (1 Viewer)

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
W.....

Well, I was gonna ask for help on topics to study since i didn't learn anything this year..
But I just remembered that it's IPT. :D

pinkmilk

ipt is sOooo hard >< sOo many things to remember... dOn't know anything... i'm in yr 10 and doing da hsc for dis nxt yr...but dunno what excatly ish invOlved... help...

Huy

HSC
N/A
I hope you're being sarcastic there, "ipt is sOooo hard".
I hope so :)

Because if you were being serious, there must be something amiss.

There aren't that many things to remember, as one idea generally links in with another. So you'd talk about data validation, which then links onto data verification, which can link in with error correction methods, which links with parity, then with synchronous transmission, to transmission methods (wireless/wired), to transmission mediums, to hardware, to software, and so on and so fourth.

Assuming you're doing the preliminary course now, you don't have to remember everything that you've learnt in the preliminary, besides a few basic things (project/group work towards the end of the course).

If you're sitting for the HSC next year, then you might have a few more things to learn, but overall, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to grasp the concepts and to apply them in specific examples/scenarios.

Good luck with it :)

pinkmilk

wah... u sound sOo techie... it IS hard... i'm sOo lost... i srlsy haven't learnt anything... and the teacher isn't helping... my whole class dun know anything...

Huy

HSC
N/A
If you're strap for time, read the textbook.
If your teacher isn't helping, then talk to your peers (other students in the same course/class).

If your entire class doesn't know anything, then you'll have to beat a few of them to broaden the gap between 1st and say, 5th place.

The best thing you could do, right now, is to revise your work. If you haven't learn anything for the entire duration of the year, then there isn't much you can do at the last minute, so you'd probably resort to cramming, stressing yourself out and reading the textbook and trying to memorise/quote from the text itself.

The only advantage that you could possibly have over others is by exceeding the 'average' mark and creating a rift between students. If you're coming in the top 5, and the other students are sluggy/barely passing, then you'd look better that way :)

pinkmilk

yeah i have my assessment in 2 weeks so i'm really stressing now... can't remember all that..

i'm gettting around average atm... but thats a LONG way away from the tOp students...

Tenchi

Assistant Promotions Manager
get chummy with those top students, hahah im sure they can help you out. something ive learned that really helps in last minute cramming, is to form a study group.. read over material that u think are most likey gonna be in the exam, and then to help memorise it, have a session where u ask each other questions to answer.. this is an effective means to remember things.

only one bit of caution would be, wen u work in a group of close friends u tend to talk alot and not get much done.. so be careful you dont end up wasting ur time, and every body elses..

skool_angel

only one bit of caution would be, wen u work in a group of close friends u tend to talk alot and not get much done.. so be careful you dont end up wasting ur time, and every body elses..
very true!!
very time when i studi in a group, i tend to talk and end up not studing
i would rather studi at home! :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
That's the case with most 'study groups' though, everybody overlooks the important stuff when you've got strangers who you'd like to get to know better, things you have to talk about/discuss, and 5 hours later you realise that you havent done any studying.

Time would be better spent at home, in a quiet place, studying (alone) in your room.

Study buddies might work, but I've never heard about any that has worked (effectively) :)

rx72c

Dont stress out, IPT is easy, depends on how you tackle it, if you want it to be hard it will be hard, i approach this subject and say how easy this subject is, and shit, everything makes sense and sticks in my head.
Keep doin past papers, youll be fine.

rx72c

As HUY said everything in IPT is linked so learn one thing and your ready for the next.
So approach it with comfort. AND YOUL BE SWEEEET

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
As HUY said everything in IPT is linked so learn one thing and your ready for the next.
Do you capitalise my name purposefully? hehehe.

It looks a bit odd, somehow...

(only making an observation, i dont mean any harm at all)
:)

rx72c

Sorry, i love the caps lock button and the shift button, its like something that is second nature, if you dont like it ill try and stop it, not meaning or intending anything.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
Sorry, i love the caps lock button and the shift button, its like something that is second nature, if you dont like it ill try and stop it, not meaning or intending anything.
oh alright, I always use the shift button (hardly ever touch my 'caps lock on' button, although I have confused it for 'tab' every now and again).

don't worry about it, it doesn't really "annoy" me to the extent where i'm ripping my hair out :p :)

rx72c

LOL.
I wish i could do computers in yr 10 or yr 11, but my damn school wouldnt allow it, they tried it on the previous year and it was a complete failure, but i would have showed them.
I might be a weird or whatever but i really enjoy computers, take it as something of an advantage as you can finish 2 units and can concentrate more on other units in the next year.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah, i know what you mean with that. (well, not really).

our school has offered computing studies in years 9-10
which was basically year 11 preliminary HSC :)

i was offered to accelerate at IPT, in year 11 (sitting the HSC 1 year ahead)

but i didnt take it up... no time, periods, etc.
:)

Harish

HSC
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think IPT is pretty easy and fair dinkum. If you would like to have chapter summaries, please go to www12.brinkster.com/hekam/ComputerHelp.htm

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Harish
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think IPT is pretty easy and fair dinkum. If you would like to have chapter summaries, please go to www12.brinkster.com/hekam/ComputerHelp.htm
The page cannot be found

www12.brinkster.com/hekam works, however.
(Just thought I'd tell you it doesn't work for me, I don't need the notes, I was just going to have a look/verify the URL :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)