Iran has enough uranium for bomb; UN (1 Viewer)

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Iran has to be totally down and out before US attacks them. The US have a history of attacking very weak and defenseless nations. After what happened to the Israelis in Lebanon last year, big-bully nations should become very careful in their dealings with weaker nations. Iranians are not a weak nation by any standards.

that said, USA is not at it's economic might anymore to blackmail everyone into boycotting Iran. USA is in a recession and Iran has too much resources to be ignored by the world.

Last edited:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Iran has to be totally down and out before US attacks them. The US have a history of attacking very weak and defenseless nations. After what happened to the Israelis in Lebanon last year, big-bully nations should become very careful in their dealings with weaker nations. Iranians are not a weak nation by any standards.

that said, USA is not at it's economic might anymore to blackmail everyone into boycotting Iran. USA is in a recession and Iran has too much resources to be ignored by the world.
Hrmm, I have to shoot a hole in that one Savak. Whilst you are right in that Iran would be the most potent military threat to the United States to date, they are by no means any match for the US or especially a more likely coalition force that would be involved were there to be an invasion.

Anyway, an invasion of Iran is unlikely, the only advantage of that for the US would be a regime change and some control of the oil there. It would be way to costly and the US is preoccupied with Afghanistan and Pakistan at the moment. If there is to be a military solution it would have to be a surgical strike or a single blitzkrieg like attack on the nuclear facilities.

Not that I'm a military tactician though :p

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hrmm, I have to shoot a hole in that one Savak. Whilst you are right in that Iran would be the most potent military threat to the United States to date, they are by no means any match for the US or especially a more likely coalition force that would be involved were there to be an invasion.
Iran is not a potential threat to the united states to date. It is only a threat in sense of American interests are being threatened with the growing power of Iran in the region. lets not forgets every country west of the persian gulf is an American backed dictator.

Anyway, an invasion of Iran is unlikely, the only advantage of that for the US would be a regime change and some control of the oil there. It would be way to costly and the US is preoccupied with Afghanistan and Pakistan at the moment. If there is to be a military solution it would have to be a surgical strike or a single blitzkrieg like attack on the nuclear facilities.

An invasion Will not happen and neither a military strike on nuclear reactors either. Neither would Israel do anything without big brothers permission.

I think Nuclear missiles are the only danger for Iran. Otherwise they can give as well as they get but will be defeated in the long run. All American bases are within range. America cannot keep their airfields out the Iranian reach.
The best thing for Iran to do would be to sign a mutual defense pact with Syria, so if one gets attacked the both go to war with the attacker. If Iran is attacked there is no doubt Syria is next so they may as well pre-empt it.
That way if the US attacked they would no doubt beat Iran but the consequences for American troops in Iraq & Afghanistan would be carnage, non-stop. And with western society valuing human life to such a high degree, sooner or later something back home will cause a withdrawal. there is only a number of troop an aggressor will sacrifice.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Iran is not a potential threat to the united states to date. It is only a threat in sense of American interests are being threatened with the growing power of Iran in the region. lets not forgets every country west of the persian gulf is an American backed dictator.
I meant a 'threat' in a military sense, i.e Iran has a much larger military force than Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

An invasion Will not happen and neither a military strike on nuclear reactors either. Neither would Israel do anything without big brothers permission.
Well, this depends on how far Israel is pushed. They are unlikely to get any kind of go ahead from the Obama administration unless there is a significant and very real threat of Iran firing a nuclear missile. If Israel sees that there is a serious threat to itself and the US don't give the go ahead, I'm quite confident that Israel would go ahead with it anyway.

A nuclear strike is also possible on Iran, I hadn't thought of that, supposedly Israel has a stockpile of nuclear weaponry that has never been used to date, it might finally come in handy. I do seriously doubt that Syria and Iran will sign a mutual defense pact. Syria would never risk it.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well, this depends on how far Israel is pushed. They are unlikely to get any kind of go ahead from the Obama administration unless there is a significant and very real threat of Iran firing a nuclear missile. If Israel sees that there is a serious threat to itself and the US don't give the go ahead, I'm quite confident that Israel would go ahead with it anyway.
The US isn't stupid enough to attack Iran, with or without boots on the ground. Nuclear weapon or not. They're already overextended with commitments in Iraq, Afghanistan, South Korea, Germany etc. and can't afford to get embroiled in another war. If Iran were to be attacked, it would give the green light for Shia militias in Iraq to go nuts which will just cause mayhem at astronomical levels never seen. the region would be out of US control.

lets face it, all this diplomatic attempts and miltary threats are just that. trying to come to an agreement with iran to change their current course. but the US will not strike Iran under any circumstances. its just not in their best iterest in the long run.

A nuclear strike is also possible on Iran, I hadn't thought of that, supposedly Israel has a stockpile of nuclear weaponry that has never been used to date, it might finally come in handy. I do seriously doubt that Syria and Iran will sign a mutual defense pact. Syria would never risk it.
LOL. it will defeat the purpose of Israel lobbying the US to attack Iran. LOL, it will then give the green light to oil rich gulf states to pursue the same.

Last edited:
E

Empyrean444

I am not really concerned about whether or not Iran has the capacity to build a nuclear warhead. We are at the stage where 'one more' really doesn't make much of a difference. I can't say that I'd trust China or Israel or the US with a nuke anymore than I'd trust Iran with one. Besides, in their current situation, there is little that the US can do to stop them. Their best bet would be to use their new image of Obama (ie their "changed" face) as a tool with which they may establish friendly (or 'friendlier', as actually being 'friends' may be very far off) with Iran, and possibly coming to a compromise with them over the issue.

JonathanM said:
This is quite evident - for a start, you were discussing strategy, not tactics.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The only superpower?
The leader of the free world?

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
I am not really concerned about whether or not Iran has the capacity to build a nuclear warhead. We are at the stage where 'one more' really doesn't make much of a difference. I can't say that I'd trust China or Israel or the US with a nuke anymore than I'd trust Iran with one. Besides, in their current situation, there is little that the US can do to stop them. Their best bet would be to use their new image of Obama (ie their "changed" face) as a tool with which they may establish friendly (or 'friendlier', as actually being 'friends' may be very far off) with Iran, and possibly coming to a compromise with them over the issue.
Israel, China, US, Iran. You're right, nuclear weapons in any of their hands is worrying. But what is even more worrying is the close links Iran has with groups like Hezbollah, Hamas and Alkeida. Who says they won't hand over a nuclear weapon to one of these groups?

This is quite evident - for a start, you were discussing strategy, not tactics.
>_<

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I am not really concerned about whether or not Iran has the capacity to build a nuclear warhead.
facepalm.jpg

We are at the stage where 'one more' really doesn't make much of a difference. I can't say that I'd trust China or Israel or the US with a nuke anymore than I'd trust Iran with one.
You're shitting me, right?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
do your own dirty work. oh wait, you got to get permission from big brother. ROFLMAO
What did your parents teach you as a child? Why were you raised with such unfounded hatred?

Realising how much of a bigot you are Savak? Amusing how many "reps" against me have been for the fact I am Jewish.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
You're shitting me, right?
You don't acquire something so expensive for it to just rot in cellar somewhere. Once you have the bomb it is only a matter of time before you use the bomb and when one country finally does use the bomb the rest will respond proportionately. You really think that Iran is going to be the straw that broke the camels back? That preventing Iran from getting the bomb will allow the world to keep spinning? The nations of Lenin, of Mao, of Napoleon, of Truman, of the Taliban, of Kim Jong all have these weapons allready. Iran hardly tilts the ball game.

m00

HSC
America has enough nukes to blow up the planet, I personally don't understand why Iran is considered a 'threat'. America and Israel have started 10 times more wars than Iran they are a much bigger threat to the world than Iran will ever be. why are they allowed to have nukes while Iran isnt? Iran considers America and Israel a threat, so why dont they dispose of their nukes? why is America in charge?

predicted reply:
"BLAH BLAH BLAH BECAUSE IRAN SUPPORTS TERRORISM BLAH BLAH BLAH AND AMERICA SUPPORTS FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY BVLAH V:LBVHASJIOVD:V"

actions speak louder than words and so far America's actions have spoken the loudest

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
It might have something to do with the fact that neither America nor Israel have threatened to wipe another nation off the map, deny the Holocaust, deny the presence of homosexuals within their nation nor are run by despots who couldn't give a hoot what world opinion of them was. Neither America nor Israel support terrorist cells who call for the destruction of another nation...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You don't acquire something so expensive for it to just rot in cellar somewhere. Once you have the bomb it is only a matter of time before you use the bomb and when one country finally does use the bomb the rest will respond proportionately. You really think that Iran is going to be the straw that broke the camels back? That preventing Iran from getting the bomb will allow the world to keep spinning? The nations of Lenin, of Mao, of Napoleon, of Truman, of the Taliban, of Kim Jong all have these weapons allready. Iran hardly tilts the ball game.
What are you talking about you madman? All nations who currently have the bomb possess it strictly as a deterent. Iran however is a nation that has expressed its wish to destroy Israel AND is known to have strong links with the terrorist organisations which the US, the UK, Australia etc are containing in Afghanistan and Iraq. We have all felt the sting of attacks from these Iranian-backed terrorist groups on our citizens since 2001.
Join
the
dots

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
America has enough nukes to blow up the planet, I personally don't understand why Iran is considered a 'threat'. America and Israel have started 10 times more wars than Iran they are a much bigger threat to the world than Iran will ever be. why are they allowed to have nukes while Iran isnt? Iran considers America and Israel a threat, so why dont they dispose of their nukes? why is America in charge?
One needs to understand that global politics is not self righteous or for the greater good of humanity. The united states of America for all we know was once a great nation. The guardian of freedom and democracy. however, every single empire, when its on its last leg, has said that it is not like all the others, that its circumstances are special, that it has a mission to enlighten, civilize, and in Americas case, bring order and democracy, Sadly the world is a more dangerous place these days more than it ever was. The fact that we only have one superpower policing the world is extremely scary. Russia and China are needed more than ever to keep tabs on the USA. And mark my words, America may be our allies now, or in years to come, but she has never cared for us, or Europe or Saudi arabia. For she only cares for her own interests.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
It might have something to do with the fact that neither America nor Israel have threatened to wipe another nation off the map, deny the Holocaust, deny the presence of homosexuals within their nation nor are run by despots who couldn't give a hoot what world opinion of them was. Neither America nor Israel support terrorist cells who call for the destruction of another nation...
What are you talking about you madman? All nations who currently have the bomb possess it strictly as a deterent. Iran however is a nation that has expressed its wish to destroy Israel AND is known to have strong links with the terrorist organisations which the US, the UK, Australia etc are containing in Afghanistan and Iraq. We have all felt the sting of attacks from these Iranian-backed terrorist groups on our citizens since 2001.
Join
the
dots
what idiots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)