Iran to hang teenage girl attacked by rapists (3 Viewers)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Iran to hang teenage girl attacked by rapists
Sat. 07 Jan 2006
Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Jan. 07 – An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005.

Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

She described how the three men pushed her and her 16-year-old niece Somayeh onto the ground and tried to rape them, and said that she took out a knife from her pocket and stabbed one of the men in the hand.

As the girls tried to escape, the men once again attacked them, and at this point, Nazanin said, she stabbed one of the men in the chest. The teenage girl, however, broke down in tears in court as she explained that she had no intention of killing the man but was merely defending herself and her younger niece from rape, the report said.

The court, however, issued on Tuesday a sentence for Nazanin to be hanged to death.

Last week, a court in the city of Rasht, northern Iran, sentenced Delara Darabi to death by hanging charged with murder when she was 17 years old. Darabi has denied the charges.

In August 2004, Iran’s Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing “acts incompatible with chastity”.

The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Atefeh personally defended herself and told the religious judge that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. She was eventually hanged in public in the northern town of Neka.
http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5184

wtf, seriously. the victims get hanged. And what type of boyfriends would ride off on motor bikes and leave helpless girls alone.

this is fucked

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Justice... just what I like to see. You have no right to try and fight back if someone tries to rape you. It's her own fault for not covering up in the first place.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
those guys that tried to rape her, are probably looking for more women and enjoying the free life

M.I.A-187

HSC
Those pplz are sick mother F##kers and i want to shoot them on the fucking head.

Well last time i read that iran hang rapist and let them get stonned by public but now they do that, they are officially fucked by some very strange beliefs.

terrible i hope your being sacarstic...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
M.I.A-187 said:
Those pplz are sick mother F##kers and i want to shoot them on the fucking head.

Well last time i read that iran hang rapist and let them get stonned by public but now they do that, they are officially fucked by some very strange beliefs.

terrible i hope your being sacarstic...

i belive he is

davin

HSC
N/A
well, i'd make some sarcastic comment....but i think thats been well covered.

any country that punishes someone for defending themselves has some serious issues. any country that punishes someone for self-defense this much has some VERY serious issues

davin

HSC
N/A
i could be wrong here, so don't want to speak for anyone else.....but i think the issue is a girl being punished for trying to protect herself from being attacked and raped, and that the culture that thinks this is ok and makes sense. Theres no race element, but there is something about Iran's culture that comes into play

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Taken on its own, its fine. But Sasha has a habit of hunting out articles like this about Islam. He denies it, but he hates the religion because "they say it's peace-based when it clearly isn't".

But then again, empty vessels make the most noise ...
i dont hunt for threads, i deliver thinks the people most wanna hear , and the most unjust threads. Yuor the clown who hunts these threads and then leaves a boring comment.

"they say it's peace-based when it clearly isn't".

thats a good reason to hate.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Barbaric, backwards culture. I'm by no means surprised but it doesn't disgust me any less.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
bananasmoothy said:
Why was she carrying a knife in her pocket when out with her niece and boyfriend?
your suggesting to kill a guy?

probably because its a dangerous place, self protection.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
what a tragic reality

that's so twisted... the poor girl.

davin

HSC
N/A
bananasmoothy said:
Why was she carrying a knife in her pocket when out with her niece and boyfriend?
or for that matter, whats she doing out in public unless she was ok with getting raped? how dare she act like she's the victim here.

generally speaking, better she have a knife than not. the messed up part is that she's the one that'll pay for it

davin

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Taken on its own, its fine. But Sasha has a habit of hunting out articles like this about Islam. He denies it, but he hates the religion because "they say it's peace-based when it clearly isn't".

But then again, empty vessels make the most noise ...
yeah, but you didn't question his motives in particular, you attacked everyone in the thread thus far.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Hang on, we need some perspective here.

We should actually be glad she's getting hung.

See, if she'd let them rape her, she would have been stoned to death.

So, would you rather be hung, or raped AND stoned to death?

See, Allah is merciful!!!111

:chainsaw:

davin

HSC
N/A
and at least then one of the guys suffered appropriately, and the other two might've learned a lesson

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
"Deliver what the people most want to hear" ... isn't it amazing that what most people want to hear is anti-Islamic. Adn as I've said before, it is based on peace. If you should be hating anyone, you should hate those who interpret it to mean the Lesser Jihad is holy - people like terrorists. Don't hate those who follow the Greater Jihad, buecause that's something else entirely: the struggle to be a better person.
People want to hear things that, are so contraversial and unjust that, it has to be said. Its not anti-islamic, its rather issues that i most disagree on that i post. It tends to be islamic, because i disagree on things such as hanging a 16 year old, for selfdefence.

Of course you're so blind you wouldn't know the difference.
i know the differnce, dont you worry. You are trying to act as if theres nothign wrong, when clearly theres problems with middle eastern countries and islamic teaching everywhere.
i think yuor the blind man, walking on a mine field repeating " nothing wrong here",

davin

HSC
N/A
explain how these posts were racist:
"Justice... just what I like to see. You have no right to try and fight back if someone tries to rape you. It's her own fault for not covering up in the first place."

"Those pplz are sick mother F##kers and i want to shoot them on the fucking head.

Well last time i read that iran hang rapist and let them get stonned by public but now they do that, they are officially fucked by some very strange beliefs."

"any country that punishes someone for defending themselves has some serious issues. any country that punishes someone for self-defense this much has some VERY serious issues"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)