Iraqi who threw shoes at Bush released from jail (1 Viewer)

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
To refresh your memory: YouTube - Raw Video: Iraqi Journalist Throws Shoe at Bush

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – An Iraqi reporter who shot to worldwide fame when he hurled his shoes at then U.S. President George W. Bush was released from prison on Tuesday.

Muntazer al-Zaidi, whose outburst during a news conference last December chimed with the feelings of many Iraqis toward the former U.S. leader, was met outside the jail by parliamentarians who support him, brother Uday al-Zaidi said.

Zaidi was sentenced to three years in jail for assaulting a head of state, but his sentence was later reduced to one year.

"Today I am free again but my home is still a prison," he told reporters shortly after his release, a swipe at the continued U.S. military presence in Iraq six and half years after the invasion to oust Saddam Hussein.

Al-Baghdadiya television showed footage of Zaidi arriving at its station surrounded by guards. He was wrapped in an Iraqi flag and wore black sunglasses. On arrival, the staff at his TV station slaughtered at least three sheep in his honor.

"The occupation invaded us under the pretext of liberation. It divided brothers, neighbors, it made our houses endless funeral tents and our streets cemeteries," he said, referring to the tit-for-tat sectarian slaughter unleashed by the invasion that has only subsided in the last two years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090915/...shoe_thrower_5

He should have been given an award long ago...

Random_dude

HSC
that was the best thing i have ever seen. period. i mean, he actually threw shoes at bush, twice. he is my idol. and the sluggish reflexes of the security, man, it was sooooo funny!! and he should not be given an award, he should be given something like the Zaidi awards and many, many awards.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I wish him well. But the real story was obviously the imperial reflexes of our free world leader

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)