IRP plan (1 Viewer)

Chooch

HSC
Im having trouble with my plan for my IRP...not sure about the question "what you understand is required for the IRP"
My topic is "factors that lead to students changing school systems" how could i change that into a hypothesis.
Help would be great. This is due tomorrow :(

Kidd91

HSC
hey im doing my IRP at the moment to...its irritating

anywho, i assume you know that a hypothesis is just a statement so i guess you could say something like 'students changing school schemes is caused by many internal factors'

(or external whatever is relevant i suppose)

Hope that helps!

alisondance

HSC
Chooch said:
Im having trouble with my plan for my IRP...not sure about the question "what you understand is required for the IRP"
My topic is "factors that lead to students changing school systems" how could i change that into a hypothesis.
Hey thank goodness im not the only one struggling with this plan!
i think our teacher may have set our plan out slightly different but i simply explained what i knew the I.R.P required of me (to answer your question about what you understand of the I.R.P) for example - long term research both primary and secondary, the use of a variety of sources including human and physical as well as multiple research methodologies.
Your hypothosis really is just a statement mine is 'how does society reinforce gender stereotypes' its a question but don't narrow it down too much or you'll trap yourself.
id suggest 'What factors result in individuals changing school systems?' If you use individuals it relates to the core easier.
Hope that helps a bit!!

now can someone help me!? I'd like to do a case study as one of my research methodologies on how does society reinforce gender stereotypes. Would it count if i took a heap of my target age group (tweens) into a classroom with a variety of magazines (biking, cars, dolly, girlfriend) and watched them select a magazine to read and at the end have a questionnaire on the reasons why they chose it???? any other ideas??????

becs1991

HSC
Hey i am just starting my I.R.P and am stuck on the interview questions my hypothesis is "The degree of parenting and caring involved in raising a special needs child suffering from the physical disability Muscular Dystrophy or (i cant remember wat it was called but its a disformation of the spinal cord)"

Any ideas on interview questions for parents, careers and teenage suffers would be greatly appreciated.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
mods could u plz move this thread in2 the CAFS board as pretty sure its not supposed to be in 'Exam thoughts' forum.. :)

i <3ed doing my irp, just the whole process of it...lol that sounds weird i know..so i'll help the ppl who posted above me :skip:

Chooch- Im having trouble with my plan for my IRP...not sure about the question "what you understand is required for the IRP"

from what i remember my teacher telling me, a hypothesis is basically a statement telling the reader which statement you support in your assignment. so, 'factors that lead to students changing school systems,' may become 'Changing school systems: A discussion of the internal and external factors leading to students making the switch.' And in your introduction give examples of internal and external factors. Internal - eg family income, sometimes the school only caters up to Year 10, forcing parents to change schools out of necessity... external - location, influence of others to change schools, not agreeing with the current school's policies (e.g. there was a girl who was muslim who changed schools because of the school's conflicts to her wearing the hijab etc) and more recently BULLIES..in the news a girl was bullied so badly she changed schoools...

c, you have a lot of interesting things to talk about :)

alisondance now can someone help me!? I'd like to do a case study as one of my research methodologies on how does society reinforce gender stereotypes. Would it count if i took a heap of my target age group (tweens) into a classroom with a variety of magazines (biking, cars, dolly, girlfriend) and watched them select a magazine to read and at the end have a questionnaire on the reasons why they chose it???? any other ideas??????
if ur doing this as ur irp i suggest u simply provide the questionnaire and ask them to fill it in. simply because some people (while they are few) DO NOT become that influenced by magazines and such. i.e. they dont read GF/DOLLY /car mags etc. to get a wider scope of individual preteen attitudes i would add on2 my questionnaire, 'how many times do u buy these [insert title of mags]?' and then i would include other forms of media such as tv shows (eg home and away).

if ur going to stick to these types of methodologies to survey ur subjects i would change the title to 'media' instead of 'society.' as its more appropriate/relevent to what you want to actually achieve from the results.

becs1991 Hey i am just starting my I.R.P and am stuck on the interview questions my hypothesis is "The degree of parenting and caring involved in raising a special needs child suffering from the physical disability Muscular Dystrophy or (i cant remember wat it was called but its a disformation of the spinal cord)"

Any ideas on interview questions for parents, careers and teenage suffers would be greatly appreciated.

bec DONT say 'suffering' in your hypothesis as its kind of subjective (i.e. personal opinion) and u want2 be as objective as u can when writing ur irp. maybe substitute it with 'affected.' or simply 'with muscular dystrophy.' ive got a bro with a disability and personally i wouldnt refer to him as 'suffering.' you've got2 b careful when using lingo to describe people with disabilities. all that stuff about political correctness applies :)

firstly, do they have a support group for these parents? CONTACT THEM. build a rapport with them, and then ask if theyre ok with being interviewed. maybe conduct a group talk/survey to ascertain several opinions @ once. one of the qs you might ask if ur doing this methodology, 'how have attitudes towards your son/daughter changed because of their condition?' finally, maybe throw in a q about the availability of a support group, and how rewarding it is for individual members to be a part of it.

Q's: (close ended) were u aware of any services available to u when you were seeking support for ------? how easy was it for you (parent) to get help for ----?

and then for the teens with MD - 'how have people treated you when they found out about ur condition/disability?' --> good q cos it gives them an opportunity to open up etc.

hope i helped ya'll ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)