IRP - please help!! (1 Viewer)

sally_33

HSC
Hey
I'm doing my IRP these holidays (unfortunately) andon the assignment sheet it says what it should include and one of the things is 'review of existing information/secondary data'. well i have heaps of secondary information like newspaper articles, websites, tv programs and books but i dont understand what i should do under this heading. should i just summarise the most relevant information? and if i want to include the actual newspaper articles (only the REALLY relevant ones like maybe 2) should i put them in the appendix?? any help would be great :) ive looked at the IRP thats on the resource page (thanks modelzsuck!!) but it seems she didnt have to do this review of existing info...

also how long do you think the 'review of secondary information' should be, as it only says review and that not really the main part of the project is it? because surely the primary data is more important? PLEASE HELP ME!! sorry for rambling

*mel*

sally_33 said:
Hey
I'm doing my IRP these holidays (unfortunately) andon the assignment sheet it says what it should include and one of the things is 'review of existing information/secondary data'. well i have heaps of secondary information like newspaper articles, websites, tv programs and books but i dont understand what i should do under this heading. should i just summarise the most relevant information? and if i want to include the actual newspaper articles (only the REALLY relevant ones like maybe 2) should i put them in the appendix?? any help would be great :) ive looked at the IRP thats on the resource page (thanks modelzsuck!!) but it seems she didnt have to do this review of existing info...

also how long do you think the 'review of secondary information' should be, as it only says review and that not really the main part of the project is it? because surely the primary data is more important? PLEASE HELP ME!! sorry for rambling

Hey umm it should be just sum up that basic trends that your secondary info says, throw in a few quotes to support it and don't forget to mention which source the info comes from.

Mine was a little less than a page long and i didn't lose any marks in that section.
Good luck!

sally_33

HSC
ooooooh right thankyou so much! :):) so cro_angel you would recommend numbering all sources and going through them one by one, rather than just using a semi-extended response form?? and **MeL**88 what form did yours take? THANKYOU

*mel*

sally_33 said:
ooooooh right thankyou so much! :):) so cro_angel you would recommend numbering all sources and going through them one by one, rather than just using a semi-extended response form?? and **MeL**88 what form did yours take? THANKYOU

Mine was just like a semi-extended response. Nothing too detailed. I dunno I don't think it really matters how u write it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)