Irp (1 Viewer)

killer_courts

HSC
this may be a random request...but im after any1s help atm...im having ALOT of trouble writing a literature review as im not even sure how to put it....

i know im not allowd to use first person...and i have a sheet with literature review structures...but other than that i have no idea...

so heres the request....

im after any literature reviews to read...i dont care what topic u did ur irp on, i just want to read literature reviews to get a better understanding of them..

thanks

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i found mine really hard to do as well.. here it is anyway

(1) Website: http://babyparenting.about.com with Stephanie Brown
This website is a database of articles written about parenting. Parents submit some articles and others are submitted by professionals. It comes from a range of about.com websites including religions, cooking, places and diseases. The babyparenting site deals with getting ready for the baby (products available), information about newborns and what methods people use in bringing them up (breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding, sleeping, teething and parents working) and also help with when children get to toddler years and the problems parents face (like toilet training, biting and disciplining naughty kids). The advantage with this website is that there are so many articles to read through and so much information is available to anyone who wants to look, which could also be a disadvantage if you find one, then you cant find it again (as I experienced with finding an article but not writing it down). The main disadvantage of the website is that there are many ads for products, placed in the middle of articles and pages on the site, which are annoying when you just want to read about an issue.

(2) Book: What to expect when you’re expecting by Arlene Eisenberg, Heidi E Murkoff and Sandee E Hathaway, B.S.N
As the front cover states ‘Everything you need to know about your pregnancy from the planning stage to returning home with your baby’. This book was an excellent resource I kept reading through to find out secondary information about the topic. The book goes through each part of having a baby (month by month pregnancy, at hospital and coming home) but it is answering typical questions that people have about pregnancy. In the back is a index that lists all issues people may have, to quickly be able to look it up and find the solution to the problem. The book is good as a reference because it is thick with a lot of information and a comprehensive index, but to read it all at once is a lot to take in.

(3) Website: http://www.nsw.bubhub.com.au
The bubhub website was very useful in providing information about all the services and support available for parents. It also gives tips for looking after a child (how to bathe it, how to take care of it) as well as links to forums where you can chat to other parents about baby issues (An example of a forum is http://essentialbaby.com.au) [See Appendix 3]. The layout of the website makes it easy to get around, and there are links under clear titles at the top to navigate around the site. They also offer newsletters and personal support to the website viewers so they can receive handy parenting tips and news in their inbox, and request help if needed (as many websites do not offer that level of customer service).

(4) Article: The Australian, 30/10/2002, p3
“$450,000 will get them to their 21st” [See Appendix 6]
Written by Jennifer Sexton, this article talks about the effect of a child on the parents finances, an aspect of economic wellbeing. She gives statistics from research that has been done (by the National Centre for Social and Economic Marketing) and breaks down to dollar amounts how much is spent on each aspect of life for 21 years (transport, education, clothing etc). This article is a scare though, as many people may read it and be discouraged from having children because they are ‘a financial burden’. This article shows that this is another major reason why people delay having children, then when they try to fall pregnant at an older age, they cant have as many children, hence the fertility rate is still low.

the only comments i have is that its too brief... so im guessing prob double that length for each source of information
and its best to pick things in different forms to give urself a bit more to talk about

rach88

im stuck too

yeh i've been really stuck tryin to do mine aswell...
what sheet did you get tellin you how to structure it?coz that would really help me!i'v got all my secondary data and stuff and all we hav been told is we need to talk about differing theories....HELP!!!as asap!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)