Is 10 Units too risky?? (1 Viewer)

Maancis

HSC
I'm year 11 and this year i've chosen to study twelve units, including two extension subjects-

School Rank: Top 60

English Extension 1
Mathematics Extension 1
Biology
Chemistry
German (20 students)

I thought i chose really good subjects, based off of my marks and scaling, but this year my German marks have started to fall mainly due to the fact that its a subject that requires a lot of effort and 4 exams per term minimum. I am contemplating whether or not to drop German and focus on my other subjects because in our German class we are ranked with German speaking students since there is no background course and i feel like there is no way i can compete with them. I want to drop to 10 units, but i heard its really risky and not recommended, but i know German will take a lot of effort that the other students will learn in a blink. I am prepared to work extremely hard in the other subjects, since i love them all.

Has anyone had a bad or good experience with 10 units? I am aiming for 98.00+.

si2136

HSC
N/A
I'm year 11 and this year i've chosen to study twelve units, including two extension subjects-

School Rank: Top 60

English Extension 1
Mathematics Extension 1
Biology
Chemistry
German (20 students)

I thought i chose really good subjects, based off of my marks and scaling, but this year my German marks have started to fall mainly due to the fact that its a subject that requires a lot of effort and 4 exams per term minimum. I am contemplating whether or not to drop German and focus on my other subjects because in our German class we are ranked with German speaking students since there is no background course and i feel like there is no way i can compete with them. I want to drop to 10 units, but i heard its really risky and not recommended, but i know German will take a lot of effort that the other students will learn in a blink. I am prepared to work extremely hard in the other subjects, since i love them all.

Has anyone had a bad or good experience with 10 units? I am aiming for 98.00+.
Many people do either 10 units or 12 units, some do 11. As long as you don't fully stuff up, it should be fine, but it's your choice.

Orwell

HSC
I'm opting for 12. But you do you, whatever you're comfortable with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)